IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you discipline your child?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dextergabat98, Aug 28, 2017.

?

Do you discipline your child? Yes or No?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2017.
  1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dextergabat98

dextergabat98 New Member

I personally feel like children have gotten totally out of control. They don't follow directions like there supposed to. This could possibly be because children are not being disciplined like they used to or they are just not following directions when they are disciplined. Either way I think times have really changed. There were recent reports that parents should'nt whoop children with switches. I personally feel like where ever a child act out they should get spanked with a belt. They don't deserve to be rewarded for bad behavior. Do you think they should be taken home or get a spanking in public?

2. ronarona832

ronarona832 New Member

Discipline
    Do your children a Favor-Say No!

What kids really want is not more things, nor do they want more freedom to di as they please. Although they frequently complain that their parents treat them like babies, they hunger for firm guidelines. The child who does not hear the word "no" from his mother or father has a good chance of growing up to be a problem to his peers, his teachers, law enforcement officers, society and himself.

Children want some to set up wrll-defined limits that say, "These are the boundaries. You may go so far-and no further." Even the youngest child is keenly aware that discipline is a special kind of love. It says, "I care about you. I will not let you go get into trouble. My judgement is better than yours. You can trust me. I have been down that road and I know it well. I will protect you against your impetuosity and you lack of experience. And the answer is No-and it's final."

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. Monique ST Lewis

Monique ST Lewis New Member

Children need discipline in order to know that there are consequences to their wrong actions. If we don't lay the right foundations for these children while they are young then effects will show in adulthood. Childhood are the future of society and we have to teach them respect and the rules of life.

4. rcoop

rcoop New Member

I think it's wrong to discipline your children, at least physically. No child should ever be harmed in their own home, especially by a parent. That's an absolute betrayal of the child's trust, and your job as a parent, which is to protect your child above all else. The illusion of power that you have over another living, breathing person shouldn't be enforced by violence.