IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you find religion frustrating?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Sunflower_Michele54, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54 Member

I grew up as a Roman Catholic. I went to Catholic school from Kindergarten through college. The Catholic religion is a universal religion, and is one of the most common religions in the United States. Lately, I have been very frustrated with the Catholic religion in some ways. It has many good things about it. I like celebrating Jesus' birth on Christmas, His Resurrection on Easter, confession of sins, and going to Church every Saturday night or Sunday.

I am just fed up with how some people go about portraying it to others. They speak about it in such a condescending way, which is not right. This is why it is a frustrating thing. I want religion to be a guide that leads people to love God and to love each other. I feel like that is the way that will make people want to stay with religion.

I know people who are bisexual, and I know the church does not support it along with homosexuality. People should love who they love without feeling guilty about it. Another thing that I hate is when people say that not having kids is not being a good Catholic. People should not say anything about to people who don't want them. Maybe they have legit reasons why. Everyone should just be happy with whatever decisions they decide to make for themselves.

Do you agree?