IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you like background noise when doing art?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Marie83, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Marie83

Marie83 New Member

Do you like music or have the television going when doing an art project? I like more of a quiet place when doing art. It helps me concentrate better. Sometimes I will listen to music but that isn't very often. It is hard for me to concentrate when I have a bunch of background noise going on when I am doing any art work. I love to go outside and do my art. I like hearing the nature around me when I am painting. I find it very relaxing. Some people enjoy classical music when they are working on art which is interesting to me.

2. aRtymis

aRtymis New Member

I honestly like to open videos and random stuff for background noise. That's only when there's no one in the house. When there IS someone in the house, I don't really open background noise. But I do occasionally open background MUSIC which actually helps me concentrate and sort of gives you that inspiration for drawing.

3. Ashley Hudson

Ashley Hudson New Member

I enjoy the background noise while I'm doing a project. I helps me kind of transport myself to my focus zone( if that makes sense). I usually listen to music but depending on where I am in my house I will have the TV going on a random show. When its too quiet I tend to get side track and begin to think of other random things I need to do.

4. Ashley O'Neal

Ashley O'Neal New Member

I quite like to have some form of background noise while drawing. Whether it be a movie, TV show, or an audio book, I find background noise while drawing to be really relaxing. It blocks out some of the noise that always seems to be coming from my crazy house, and it puts me into a form of meditation.