IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you listen to movie soundtracks?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by rhems091, Feb 4, 2019.

1. rhems091

rhems091 New Member

I'm just curious, is it weird to have some movie soundtrack playlists on your phone to listen to on a daily?
    When someone at work says "hey, what are you listening to" and I say "uhhh" until I come up with something normal. I listen to stuff from the Sandlot to Lord of the Rings to Man of Steel. Even the pop culture music I listen to is something I've heard in a movie.

2. Saer

Saer New Member

I think it's really awesome that you listen to movie soundtracks! Personally, I enjoy listening to movie musicals the most because the songs usually go together well and can be listened to in a specific order. No matter what kind of move it is, though, I think it's really awesome to listen to movie soundtracks. After all, someone picked those specific songs and released that playlist or album for a reason.

3. Krissa Antonio

Krissa Antonio New Member

YES!!! whenever I watched a movie with really nice soundtracks, I immediately go to Spotify and add the movie soundtracks on my playlist!!

4. Daniella

Daniella New Member

Yes I do! But usually it's the main one that sticks. Mostly I just get stuck on a song and later figure out that it was actually from a soundtrack. And then I have a good feeling about the movie even though sometimes I didn't even see it.

5. JM5FW

JM5FW New Member

Well, for me this will depend on the kind of movie I watched and the soundtracks in it. Some pretty inspirational movies come with wonderful soundtracks which carry the same message in the story and more or less tend to give a conclusion to the story.

6. Moldovan Eliza

Moldovan Eliza New Member

Of course I listen to movie soundtracks! Actually movie soundtracks represents a major part of my playlist: I like to listen them when I'm on the way to job, when I come home, when I go out, when I'm alone in my room etc. I would listen to movie soundtracks as much as possible, almost all the time and with every occasion. Soundtracks help me so much in boosting my energy and my well being state of mind and it equilibrates me emotionally.

7. Jayani Williams Johnson

Jayani Williams Johnson New Member

YES! I love that this question exists and that I'm not alone. I love music soundtracks especially musicals. I will download the entire movie soundtrack on Apple music and will play it several times while reminiscing about the film. Currently I have the official soundtracks for Les Miserables, Dreamgirls, Hairspray and a few others. When I was younger I had the soundtracks for High School Musical, Cheetah Girls and several of the princess movies. I also love movies with well put and thought out music. Movies like Perks of Being a Wallflower, Girl! Interrupted and Kill Bill are beautifully scored and are filled with amazing music that fit the overall movie perfectly while highlighting the mood/emotion of the scene.

8. Thesease

Thesease New Member

Yes, I did. I already downloaded some OSTs in films, such as Wonder Woman, Whiplash, Power Rangers, and so much more that I probably couldn't remember because it has been a long time since I last downloaded a soundtrack.

Imagine walking on the sidewalk, and listening to the song when the Avengers are fighting Thanos, you feel like such a strong superhero. You felt like you can do anything. That's why I like these soundtracks. They make me imagine scenes in my head that make me feel better about myself. They can be a good boost when I exercise, if ever I have the willpower to do so.

9. li3tuva

li3tuva New Member

Yes I do listen to movie soundtracks, but now I listen more to anime soundtracks, I enjoy them more, they are more uplifting imo.

10. Philip James Dolor

Philip James Dolor New Member

Yes! i really love listening to move soundtracks because it always make me feel that i am in that movie.

11. Pirasanth

Pirasanth New Member

Music and I love it. But listening to music during your office hours is always not good. I listen to music after my working hours when I am at home in the evening. I also listen to music when I feel alone. Listening to music gives me a soothing experience. It refreshes my mind and I am able to focus on my studies that I am doing Saturdays and Sundays. I listen to Tamil music songs and then I listen to English movie songs too. What not! To add to this I have something to say.

I have a friend who is in India and who has studied with me during my high school education and now he is a Tamil hip-hop artist. Hurrah! I love to listen to his songs too. Music is always addictive and I love listening to various soundtracks.

12. akiyamaha

akiyamaha New Member

Oh yes, definitely. Listening to the soundtrack is a nice way to relieve the memories and emotions associated with a certain movie. If it's the track for an action scene, then it gets me pumped up. If it's the song for a sad scene, I feel a little forlorn. It's a nice way to add a certain colour to my daily life. It also helps me when studying, a nice slow instrumental is sure to keep those neurons firing and retaining information.

But yeah it can be hard to explain when someone asks. It's harder to say "Oh, it's track 15 of xyz movie, you should give it a listen." instead of "Oh, I'm listening to this song of a famous pop artist." I don't think you should try and come up with a normal answer, just tell them what you're really listening to. Who knows, maybe they share the same musical taste as you.

13. Johanna

Johanna New Member

Personally, I do all the time. I have somewhat of a weird fascination with the certain "vibe" a movie gives me, and often, listening to the soundtrack gives me the same feeling as watching the movie. My personal favorite is the soundtrack to Call Me By Your Name. It has some Italian songs, some light pop and love songs. I am very much a hopeless romantic, and coupled with the fact that I dream to live in northern Italy, I play this soundtrack all the time to emulate living in such a time and place.

14. Wolfgirl

Wolfgirl New Member

Most of the music I listen to comes from Movie and TV soundtracks. I have original scores for background music while working or relaxing, and general soundtracks for driving, doing chores and normal listening. I think that discovering new music from soundtracks exposes you to artists and genres you otherwise never would have found on your own. Also sometimes you can love a single song by and artist, and not like any of their other music. That's okay too. People like what they like. There is far too much societal pressure to like things the right way.

15. Banana120

Banana120 New Member

Yeah, I listen to the soundtracks of movies sometimes if they remind me of the good old songs I listened as a kid or my friends recommend them to me. Personally, my favourite soundtracks are from the film series, Rocky. The soundtracks form the training montages are very inspirational and upbeat, which cheers me up whenever I'm having a bad day. Thus, I have taken a liking for them.

16. Tanaya

Tanaya New Member

I do listen to soundtracks of movies sometimes. It usally depends if I really like the song. I first found truth hurts by Lizzo after watching a movie ever since then I have been obsessed with the song and the artist. I also watched the movie after on Netflix I heard complicated, I did hear of the song before but the version that was on the movie I never heard and now I am super obbesed with that song.

17. Morgan2290

Morgan2290 New Member

Yess! The soundtrack for Trainspotting is my all time favorite. So glad that this is a thing and it’s not just me.

18. robyn

robyn New Member

I love, love music! Currently, I've watched It's Complicated. Not be be melodramatic but the OST brings me to tears, or it just makes me feel things. I'm not sure if its because of the movie or with what's going in with my life, probably both.

I know for a fact, that without the music, the movie would be incomplete. Without, the random beat after a line, the movie would be dull and boring. So I deeply appreciate and listen to movie soundtracks.

19. Rita Caphn

Rita Caphn New Member

Well, this really depends on the movie that I'm watching. If I like the song then I will probably listen to the movie soundtrack, but it's not something that I usually do very often. I listened to 'Start a War' on Lucifer and now I'm like obsessed with that song! But I don't really like listening to movie soundtracks that often because I have a very particular taste in music.