IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you love bathroom singing?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Meli, Jul 14, 2017.

?

Do you love bathroom singing?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. No

17.6%
  3. Somewhat

5.9%
  1. Meli

Meli New Member

I love singing in the shower because only the four walls can hear my voice and I feel confident to sing, when I'm all alone. Singing a solo song in church, contest or auditorium is one of my dreams. But I lack the confidence to sing a solo song :(

Are you guys like me? Do you love bathroom singing?

Youngfifty67 likes this.
  2. Julia Doner

Julia Doner New Member

I love to sing in the shower. I feel confident while singing in the shower because there is nobody else to hear or judge my vocals. Singing in the shower also helps to pass the time and make showering seem more fun. Singing helps me to unwind and realize in the shower after a long day. It can be a great way to practice vocal skills before showing them off to others too!

3. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

Oh man--this is a funny thread.
    I've been totally caught by a loved one or significant other going off in the shower to a favorite song.
    When you are naked and ridiculous like that, well, it's a pretty vulnerable feeling.
    Anyhow, I do enjoy how "supposedly good" my voice sounds in the ambiance of the shower...lol

4. Rossy

Rossy New Member

Even the music celebrities sing in the bathroom. Their is just something satisfying about singing in the bathroom. Some of us would never sing in public even when paid to do it, yet we all rock it in the bathroom very confidently. The bathroom is a small room which gives your voice a little bass making the singing sound even more angelic.

Thinking about it, we only sing in the bathroom when we got a relaxed mind. I wouldn't think anyone can afford to sing out loud if sad. Warm water, relaxed tunes and singing out makes you feel even much better. Singing in the bathroom is very healthy. At least everyone should try hold their own concert in the bathroom.

5. temmygabriel

temmygabriel New Member

Openning the shower on head and singing out loud in the four walls of my bathroom gives me an amazing chill feeling. It also a great way to relieve stress sometimes.

Part of it is just that a shower is a private space, so people who are embarrassed to sing around other people can indulge themselves.

6. annamaesan25

annamaesan25 New Member

When you think about it, a shower is one of those few times each day when a person is absolutely alone, far from the material worries and stresses that normally give them a hard time. This isolated period of time, even if it’s short-lived, can bring out the rockstar in a person.

7. dedenbula

dedenbula New Member

This annoys me really, I dislike the practise of singing in the bathroom. It's bath room not a studio or a personal room. I don't see any point in the practise and the funny thing is that those that do sing in the bathroom would stop singing the moment they stop bathing. I can't help but wonder if they went to the bathroom to sing or to take a bath.

Another singing practise that I dislike is singing on the road. I have a cousin I can't a walk with him again basically because he indulge in this embarrassing practise singing loud on the road. It really annoys me although it's not like he sings on top of his voice but doing it at all is wrong for me. I can still deal with singing before mirror though but in the bathroom it is a no no.

8. Youngfifty67

Youngfifty67 New Member

Well technically, most people sing in the shower. Am not sure if it is the hot shower or the way the water splashes on someone's body.

Am a musician, but i always find myself singing crazy tunes in the shower. Maybe it's the joy of washing dirt and sweat. . Am just kidding, but i think all this comes out naturally.

Singing in the shower is an expression of feeling free and that's why a person can sing loud keys and feel as if it sounds perfect. But technically it's the mood of a good feeling or happiness that make people react like that.

9. Scholarkin

Scholarkin New Member

I don't remember the last time I sang at the bathroom. I'm not so sure but I think I might have a phobia for bathroom singing.

The idea of foam/lather getting into my mouth makes me have goosebumps all over me.

I won't do bathroom singing, never!
    I can dance at the bathroom though. Haha.

Youngfifty67 likes this.
  10. Scholarkin

Scholarkin New Member

Least I forgot, I would like to ask how you cope when foam enter your mouth. I usually feel like vomiting the rest of the day when it happens.

Youngfifty67 likes this.
  11. Jean50

Jean50 New Member

Personally I love singing in the bathroom. I feel like I'm in a concert singing to my fans. Sometimes I even get carried away and start jumping, which is really dangerous considering that I could slip from the water.

12. pwee

pwee New Member

Yes, I do. I only sing in the shower because I don't really have a good voice. I love singing it relax me and no one gonna interrupt me when I'm singing in the shower.

13. chukz

chukz New Member

It's funny how I used to think I've got the best voice anytime I sing in the shower. I feel like I'm present live at the O2 arena, dropping my rendition to a crowd of 10000 people. Then I leave the shower,and reality sets in. Lol.

14. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

I can only deal with bathroom singing if im the one doing so. All the singing.Its just somthing
    about all the acoustics that sound great when your inside the bathroom, but outside this safe
    haven this particular style of singing can sound horrid to anyone in the vicinity.
    If you ever been told that you sound good while doing so. You have been lied to please stop singing in the shower.

15. ageneral

ageneral New Member

I loved singing in the bathroom it’s like a mini concert for me. Especially, while showering I feel like a professional singer and sometimes I combined it with a dance moves. I only doing that when I am very happy and from time to time when I am scared because I am alone at the house. Singing in the bathroom gives me more confident about my voice and makes my day complete.

16. ACEP

ACEP New Member

Super! I love singing in the bathroom, it helps me calm relax even more. It also helps for a better breathing, when water is flowing over my body, I feel that my breathing improves. It is also like a meditation exercise for me as I can relax my mind and body.

According to a study, it can also improve the oxygen supply in your blood, thereby upping your circulation and instilling a good, energized feeling.

17. Carmilina

Carmilina New Member

It's good to sing in a shower. It really releases your tensions and stress. This is very therapeutic for me. It really helps me to enhance my voice quality and help me as well to be very articulate with the words. Because as you sing in the bathroom there is a vibration feels.

18. Meli

Meli New Member

I feel even your creativity for something you are longing to do in your career/business/personal life would all take a U turn, if you have the habit of singing in a shower. I'm a writer and I usual get ideas about my next topic while singing in the bathroom.

19. STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER

STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER New Member

Not only do I sing in the shower, but I also have two shower playlists on my YouTube music account. One is for when I shower at night and need to relax and the other is for mornings when I need to get moving. I love music so listening to it and singing in the shower is something that I love to do. We have a blue tooth speaker and I turn it up pretty loudly so even if I'm not home alone nobody will hear me sing. Well, nobody except the cat because he thinks he needs to follow me everywhere.

20. kaitlynstubbs

kaitlynstubbs New Member

Yes, I definitely sing in the shower when I get a chance. For some reason the shower makes my voice sound ten times better. However, the issue with singing in the shower is that you can’t hear what’s happening outside the bathroom walls, and believe me when I say it’s embarrassing to be applauded when you finish a song. It almost makes you not sing in the shower for a week, luckily it’s way too fun to stop.