IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you participate in any extreme sports?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by waffleparty, Apr 14, 2015.

1. waffleparty

waffleparty New Member

If you do, what draws you to that particular sport? Maybe you enjoy more than one? Are there any that you would like to try but haven't yet?

Personally, I haven't worked up the courage to try anything too extreme yet. Though sky diving and rock climbing both interest me, and may be something I pursue in the future. Presently, I get too worried about the things that could go wrong since I have no idea what I'm doing in either of those activities. (I know that one would practice these things, learn from experts, take classes, etc., but it still freaks me out.)

2. SleepySnake

SleepySnake New Member

You'd definitely need an instructor, and be with somebody who knows what they are doing. Everything you mention involves a head for heights, and not being overwhelmed, or psychologically unprepared for what you'll see. I've never done anything that extreme lol. Done plenty of hiking in the past, which involved ridge walks. Some of these ridge walks are pretty exposed. Have you done anything like that? Would that give a sense of whether rock climbing etc would appeal? I know you can go in these simulators for sky diving. I guess that would be fun, as you'd get to practice, and get a feel for it, but you wouldn't get the sense of height and the drop beneath you though.

3. Dinbanks

Dinbanks Member

Up to this point I have never participated in any extreme sports BUT I do have on my bucket list skydiving, hang gliding, cliff diving, and bungee jumping. I guess deep down inside I am an adrenaline junkie but I have never taken it to the extreme. I see me doing these things within the next year to year and a half lol.

4. Jack B.Nimble

Jack B.Nimble New Member

I have never been interested in sky diving or bungee jumping. For me the less things I need the better. My extreme sport is tricking (acrobatic martial arts). What drawls me to this activity is you don’t necessarily need an instructor, a gym, or a special back round (although it helps), just a bed of grass and a reasonable fitness level. It’s not really a sport but it’s defiantly extreme because its movements are so dynamic and it doesn’t really have any rules. However, many feel like their skill level surpasses that of even an Olympic gymnast.

5. Hugop

Hugop New Member

I am not a fan of sports but I do my best on acting fast. There are games like "Take the stone off my hand. If I close it while you try to take it, you lost." which I play with my classmates.