IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you play online games to earn some money or just for leisure?

Discussion in 'Games' started by valentine, Nov 27, 2018.

1. valentine

valentine New Member

Do you play online games (a)to get some cash or (b) just for leisure or both.

2. diolola456

diolola456 New Member

Maybe because it gives a good income like when you blog or when you are a YouTube today I play Dota 2 but I didn't get money for that game its just a past time because some games are so boring, there are so many games that give money but you need to work for a year to earn it that's why it's better to be freelance than playing online games.

3. Erika1358

Erika1358 New Member

Before, I used to play for leisure but as you grow older, you realize it's better to earn money during your free time. Now I download and play games in order to earn money. There are plenty of apps in google play that promises money in exchange for playing games and earning points. I haven't tried cashing out though, I still have longs ways to go.

For me, this is better than just playing for leisure because you get paid for having fun. There are some games that are fun too so it's a win-win situation.

4. axl2468

axl2468 New Member

I adhere to the "work shouldn't be fun" philosophy because it's true. If you make something that you're having fun with as your primary source of income (asides from a few exceptions like esports), then the thing you're having fun with loses its fun-factor because you begin to see it as work. It's like "taking work home".

Plus playing games for money can become boring because you need to stream for hours to earn a decent amount of income.

5. vladopecaros

vladopecaros New Member

You could try League of Legends.

If you get really good at it, you can even go to tournaments and get lots of cash.

I don't like the game but there is a big number of gamers who can make a living of that game.

You can even try streaming it at twitch.com ( if you have a monster PC to pull that off).

6. Wyattagum

Wyattagum New Member

Agreed...

7. momc325

momc325 New Member

I play games for fun and for money. If you're going to play already and there's an opportunity to earn while you do so then why not? Of course you can't get paid for every game and on every format so there are still many that are for fun only. Especially on stationary systems. Every weekend I enjoy family game time with our kids and we create our own competitions out of it. No amount of money can replace the fun and memories that come from those times.