IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you prefer cramming right before an exam or studying consistently during the year?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Helen, Jul 5, 2015.

1. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

Let repetition be the ignition to excellence. I Find myself better off learning how to do somthing the right way and retain the knowledge
    im trying to reciprocate easy to contain if i can add the the theory, thought, be mentally included into my everyday routine without straying from the usual like if my goal as simply to finish a book include this into somthing that your already good at a know fully how to do so that muscle memory takes what it need from the strain of what your trying do and not actually what your doing. While this is not 100 percent full proof you while either get 1 of the 2. ! being you will get tired of doing what you already know how to do and be glad to settle for what your trying to so you'll be more at ease at what your trying to retain or 2 muscle memory will set in and you will come to find your self going over mentally physically what your trying to do without putting any effort like it was somthing you already knew or knew how to do.

2. James Morijo

James Morijo New Member

Reading consistently throughout the period of your studies is far much healthier compared to a last minute resort to rush though your notes cramming a junk of content. Learners who consistently read small bits of their paper work are more comfortable in examination rooms and periods compared to last minute crammers.

nosleep3134 likes this.
  3. James Morijo

James Morijo New Member

When you read over a period of time you can add new information to the content by your instructor. This shows sense of creativity and innovativeness rather than being an empty vessel that utilizes ideas from other people. Once you become used to cramming the spirit of self reliance goes down.

4. Shantana

Shantana New Member

It all depends on the individual. I take a night to learn one semester of notes for exam the next morning, while my sister has to study continuously in order to retain such information

5. chekdn

chekdn New Member

It is true that cramming can be one of the biggest factors in the grades that you get. However, in a long run, cramming only to get good grades has some disadvantages. One of the disadvantages of cramming is that, it makes you know the definition of terms clearly without understanding the real meaning of the terms and whatever you have been taught. At the other hand, if you have been studying consistently, you would be able to understand the real meaning of terms and you would have a better understanding of what you have been taught.

After college graduation, I discovered that, I actually missed some deep meanings of the things I was taught. This was because of last minute cramming rather than consistent studying. Anyway, I must acknowledge that cramming gave me some good grades