IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do You Remember The Very First Time You Went To The Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Dinbanks, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Dinbanks

Dinbanks Member

For most of us that very first movie theater experience probably felt as exciting as going to your first circus, going on your first date, or even your first trip to an amusement park. Do you remember your first movie theater experience and the first movie you ever saw?

Rahul Taware likes this.
  2. GOTrules

GOTrules New Member

I think that I was 9 when I went to the movies for the first time. I'm not sure, though. I went to see the first Harry Potter movie and I loved it so much that my father had bought the K7. I would watch it over and over again. I love the saga, I loved the books as well. I miss the whole universe. It was so good!

3. ZeeMan

ZeeMan New Member

The first time I remember going to the movies was when I was 10 years old. I loved every bit of the experience. If I remember correctly we went to see Forrest Gump. When I saw the movie come up onto the big screen I couldn't believe how much better the experience was than watching the movie at home on the tiny screen.

4. Shannen El

Shannen El New Member

I remember being very young in the theater and watching this weird little creature with a glowing finger that I had nightmares about, afterwards. I later found out that this ET. I think he's still weird, but cute :D

5. mrindependent

mrindependent New Member

I was probably about 3 or 4 when i went to the movies the first time. I believe the first movie i saw was Superman II. It was back in the 80s though

6. John Christopher

John Christopher New Member

I was not that old but the candy, popcorn were what made for a fun day.

7. Goda92

Goda92 New Member

Poetic Justice is first movie watched, has in the main roles: Tupac Shakur and Janet Jackson. This movie is since 1994! Genre movie is romantic and action.

8. kuyarobi

kuyarobi New Member

I actually do remember the first time I went to the Cinemas. If I'm not mistaken it was wither one of the Rocky movies or the first Superman movies of the early 1980's. I was really young back then. I couldn't understand the dialog that much on account of my young age. But I do remember sitting there and taking mental pictures of the events that were unfolding on the big screen. I think my mom was getting upset that I kept on asking question as to what was going on. I was young, I couldn't understand complex dialog at the time.

But those were the days when movie tickets were cheap. Not anymore. You'll most likely spend twenty dollars on yourself to see a flop.

9. lazar

lazar New Member

Ofcourse, one of the best experiences ever. I think that I was 7 or 8. I went with my father and we were watching The Fifth Element. When I first saw the big screen, I was like, wauu. Since then I watched that movie 5-6 times, maybe more. It will always bring back great memories. Interesting thing is that was the only time I went to movies with my dad. I gotta to go with him again :)

10. cocolgooh

cocolgooh New Member

The first time I remember going to the movies was to see The Grinch, although I'm sure that wasn't the first time I went to the movies. I remember getting a bucket of popcorn and a cup of coca cola. I was never allowed coca cola so being allowed to have some was almost as exciting as going to the cinema itself. I remember being amazed by how big the screen was and that everyone was there to watch it together, a big group of people together enjoying the same thing together, and at Christmas, made it a magical memory.

11. Anupama

Anupama New Member

I remember the first time I went to the movies. I was quite small. Every summer we used to go to our Grandfather's place. It's a small town. We had gone to the movies and I remember it was an evening show. The story was about dacoits, with horses and all. I have just a very vague memory of it.

12. Lakeyia

Lakeyia New Member

The first time I went we had gone to see the Haunted Manson and after that, we went to see Harry Potter. I was excited about the Harry potter haha. I like the Haunted Manson it was funny but not that funny. I was about twelve. I was a little older than many when they first go to the movies. I tell you there are so many things I am doing now as an adult because I could not do it as a kid.

13. Mauphillips

Mauphillips Member

Yes I do because it was the only time that I ever did, which was also over fifteen (15) years ago, it was me my two(2) brothers and my father, the Guys Afternoon out, such lovely times, I also remember the movie that we were there to watch, Happy Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone .
    I think that I love Harry Potter so much because whenever I watched it I felt so comfortable just like I did that Afternoon .

14. Theboysmom04

Theboysmom04 New Member

I was eight the first time my parents took me to the movies. We saw "Three Ninjas". I remember being so excited as we walked into the theater. Smells of popcorn almost intoxicated me as we entered. We purchased popcorn and cookie dough bites. I still associate those foods with watching a movie even at home. It was a wonderful experience for me.