IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you sleep next to your phone?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by tesky, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BestPost3

BestPost3 New Member

You should not sleep next to your phones, because it is dangerous for your physical and mental health. You physical health can be affected because sleeping next to your phones can cause cancer but your mental health can also be affected by staying focused on the phones and waiting for notifications. As a result, I do not sleep next to my phone and after time, it becomes normal.

2. ppislandcanada

ppislandcanada New Member

It depends, but I usually have my phone close by to where I'm sleeping. The times when I'm right next to it, is when I fall asleep while doing something on my phone. It's usually the first bright screen I see in the morning, and last one I see at night. Only time will tell if any side effects come out of it as a result.

3. itsabbygrl

itsabbygrl New Member

I used to sleep next to my phone, but not anymore. My mind is often loud and constantly running, making it difficult for me to fall asleep, so to help with that issue I slept with my phone under my pillow playing podcasts to distract my mind and help me fall asleep way faster. I've recently found some other solutions to this issue, for example reciting songs, reading, doing mental math, or just counting myself to sleep, so I've stopped keeping my phone under my pillow and now keep my phone across my room. Keeping my phone far away has also helped me to wake up more easily, since I need to actually get up to turn off my alarm.

4. Victory Okojie

Victory Okojie New Member

Normally it's isn't nice allowing your phone close to you while sleeping but it's very very hard for me. I practically sleep and wake up with my phone in my hands although sometimes I try to avoid that at times