IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you still use Facebook ?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by arexur, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ibezsocial

ibezsocial New Member

It appears that just about everyone replying to the post is using facebook or at the very least has a facebook account. Not really difficult to imagine as the last time I checked, there were over a billion Facebook profiles.

Facebook has made some savy business acquisitions to protect their market share and grow their company. I initially doubted the growth potential of this company, but after creating my own profile and interacting with the site, I have little doubt of the growth potential of this company.

Facebook while not specifically viewed as a news source is always breaking world and local news stories for me. There always seems to be someone that provides an update before I can catch the information on the radio or tv news as the Facebook mobile app is on my phone, which I seem to carry at all times.

2. sharmist

sharmist New Member

I use Facebook a lot. I try to ignore the nonsense but I enjoy being able to see pictures of family and friends. I think it is a wonderful way to keep in touch overall. I would certainly miss it if it went away.

3. bhouston@35

bhouston@35 New Member

I still use Facebook every day. I feel lost without it sometimes. I am finding though, that it can cause distractions in family life so I choose when to use it. I am much more conscientious about it than I have been previously. I probably check it 3 times a day. I really enjoy seeing what all my old friends and family are up to.

4. Narad Maharaj

Narad Maharaj New Member

During School Time I Don't use Facebook because I tend to stay on it for a while and I loose time for studying. So because of time lost for studying on Facebook, I only go on it on the Weekends. One Reason why I still use Facebook is to stay connected to my friends and family. Facebook for me can be some what addictive so I limit myself to less than one hour on Facebook.

5. bella556

bella556 Member

Hi. I still use Facebook for keeping in touch with friends,writing sites and games. Many of the sites I use have changed frequently.
    This means my interests of music,stories and writing poetry has brought me compelling changes of life.
    My family has grown with grandchildren being added to the mix faster than I can count.
    One reason for staying in contact with them on Facebook is I don't always get to visit with them all the time.

6. Eldho

Eldho New Member

Facebook is more than just a messaging app. The Facebook is now becoming a platform for the people to sharing their ideas and thought. Yes, the site was originally intended for this purpose but it is much better now. Recently the facebook has added the feature of live streaming and it has been a huge hit. The advantage of facebook streaming is that your viewing experience is not interrupted by ads like in the Youtube.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I also use facebook. I like it to share important news and events too. I market my ebooks and have connected with family and friends. I enjoy many of the posts left by those I've friended. I enjoy cat videos or animal stories and get a lot of them. Nala the famous cat is sharing on my site too!

8. gambrix

gambrix New Member

Yes, I still use it from time to time, but it's because I want to stay updated with what's happening in my friend's lives. Or just to check up on someone else's profile. I actually find Facebook a bit of a waste of time, especially since I work online as well, so looking at those photos for too long equates to being unproductive for me.

9. abunae

abunae New Member

Not often - I only use it to check the pages of companies/games to see what's new. As for keeping touch with my friends and family, I use Skype for that. I don't update anything on my timeline, nor do I check my feed about others. I like to stay away from drama - something that facebook is notorious for.

A long time ago, I used facebook to play games. I remember competing against my friend to see who could defeat the most amount of zombies in Ninja Warz! I feel like game notifications are rarely sent now, and no one plays facebook games anymore.. maybe it's just me.

10. Secre

Secre New Member

I still use Facebook although nowhere near as much as I used to several years ago. I use it to post periodic updates and to share links that I find interesting but I only have close family and friends on it; I work on the principle that if I have over 100 friends on it then I probably need to weed through it as I don't talk to anywhere near 100 people!

I do find it useful for online messaging as well and have several friends where our main mode of conversation is Facebook messenger. I might only see them a couple of times a year but we ping messages back and forth daily. Hey, that's how most of my bridesmaids found out they were bridesmaids.

11. to7update

to7update New Member

I think that it's inevitable to talk about Facebook when we are talking about internet because most likely Facebook is the big giant on the internet.

I have a Facebook account for some years now and I check in daily basically to see the Newsfeed and play some games. So I still use it, yes, I am not very active in what concerns posting, but I do use the chat to be in touch with my friends. I feel that the prime for posting and commenting has passed, at least among my circle of friends.

12. ahtishamzx

ahtishamzx New Member

When I heard About Facebook I was very curious cause I'd like to make friends from different origin and I was always available on fb but from time to time it's not great I mean I'm not using it now I don't know why but now I used fb once In a week or may be one time in a month cause now I use WhatsApp,wechat,line or other chat messengers

13. wir3

wir3 New Member

Yes I still use Facebook. But I only have small number of people on my account. I just have family and some friends. You have to be careful with it now. People are doing to much petty stuff on Facebook. My favorite is facebook messenger app. You can do some much it.

14. Canaria

Canaria New Member

I do use Facebook but not as a social platform, but rather out of convenience. For example, I can pin useful articles that I found across the internet onto my homepage, so these articles can be easily accessible. I did joined several community but often because to be alert of job vacancy. I had to admit Facebook is fairly useful despite not being used with the way it's meant to be, lol.

15. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik Angara New Member

Oh yes, I have been using Facebook for four years now and I am happy with it. Initially, there were hiccups getting used to the interface but I got used to it quickly. Facebook helped me reunite with my old school friends which was the best thing that happened to me. Viewing photos of friends, videos and a lot of fun stuff ease you out from the boring daily routine. Yes, instances of spam have been reported but the team is looking into it and they do get it fixed quick enough.

It is okay to be on Facebook and check it out once in a while but yes, the problems of addiction will hit in once you spend hours at a stretch on it. If you can restrict yourself with the usage, Facebook does more good than bad. Good luck and happy browsing!

16. Maysa

Maysa New Member

Yes, I still use facebook, it's very popular here in Brazil. For me it's still one of the best and easiest ways to get in touch with old friends and family, specially if they live far away from you or if you can't see them so often for some reason. It's also a very good way to read the news and to be informed of what's going on in the world.

17. jfrey328

jfrey328 New Member

I deleted my real Facebook a few years ago. I still have a fake account that I use to look people up, but it's completely blank and I've considered getting rid of it. It's hard to snoop on people when their account is private, and most public profiles are boring anyway.

I never used Facebook regularly, so I don't miss it. A lot of my friends feel the same way, so I think the site will continue to lose popularity.

18. Kronnoz

Kronnoz New Member

I used Facebook pretty much all the time. But that slowed down over time, especially after I started using Whatsapp just like you. I'm not the type that likes to be sharing photos or content for many people. I prefer to share content as private messages, only to some friends who have interests in common.

I think I started to decrease the use of Facebook for this, it’s not my thing. But I still take a look at it everyday, mostly because of the pages posts I like.

19. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 New Member

I still use Facebook, to keep in touch with my friends. Facebook gets a bad rap I think sometimes, but it is a good way to stay in touch with people. I think it is a modern way to do that, for example people seem to be able to keep up-to-date with what you are doing and being able to wish you a happy birthday at the tip of a button who other wise would not. While I do not make posts everyday about everything I do, I do like to make posts about some things just to keep my friends informed of what I am doing.