IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you think religions will save us?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Lancelot, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Lancelot

Lancelot New Member

I'm still confused today because of different religions with different style of preaching. It is said that there's only one God but some say there's some more. Every time I attend some preaching, Pastor will always emphasized that if you convert to their religion, you will be save, for they are the gateway of salvation. I hate seeing people arguing in Bible verses just for the expense of fame. Do you think it's worth to rely on religion in order to be save?

2. Bossa

Bossa New Member

Relying on religion worthy's nothing because the bible explains that the body is the temple of God and temple means a dwelling place of God or the house of God.
    The building or the place we call church, mosque and whatever are not God's temple because the Holy spirit dwells in the material vessel, the body, thus the body is the dwelling place of the spirit of God.
    The body is the temple of God and when the holy spirit dwells in the body, the person becomes a church, the body of Christ.
    1 Cor 6:19 says, Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.
    And 1 Cor 3:16 says, Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirite lives in you.
    So relying on a religion does not save and there is no religion that is a gateway to salvation.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

Not long after I became a Christian, I received my first Bible. As I read through it, I came across Matthew 5:20: “‘For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven’” (NKJV).

I didn’t know what to make of this. I was reading the Bible for the first time in my life. So when I read that my righteousness had to exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, I thought, “There is no way. How righteous does God want me to be?”

At that point in my life, I didn’t understand that there was a big difference between God’s righteousness and my own. In other words, there is a big difference between genuine righteousness and self-righteousness.