IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you think there is a purpose to this existence ?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by GeorgeDr, Oct 18, 2018.

1. GeorgeDr

GeorgeDr New Member

Regardless of your upbringing , your religious views or what other have said to you , you unavoidably at some point have thought about your life , life in general or even the Universe's reason for existing in the first place. Do you think this life you experience is the work of God ? is this all a simulation and we are all dreaming ? is it only you right now reading this post that has reached you in this way the only truly alive being in the cosmos and we are all here to make your experience more real? :eek: Is your existence a mere chance of the laws of physics?

[​IMG]

Tell me what do you think and how you've come up with your answer I would like to know what other people are thinking about matters like this :rolleyes:

2. Meshack Bwoyele Keya

Meshack Bwoyele Keya New Member

Existence on earth is a rite of passage. In the world of today, we have all sorts of good things and evil ones. Your existence is a trial whether you can decide between the two and make the best option.

A human is made in God's image and likeness. John 4:24 says God is a spirit. Gen 2:7 says that God breathed in us life-giving breath(spirit) and man became alive(existence). At death the spirit gets a new body, is judged according to what deeds it was capable of and goes either to eternal damnation or eternal life.

3. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

I believe that God made us for His purpose. We are created in His image and likeness. He told us to have dominion over His creation on earth.

Katherine Non likes this.
  4. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

You know, if our world came to be by some mindless and purposeless bing bang, then I'll answer on the affirmative that there's no purpose to life. This will be so because a mindless bing bang cannot birth a mindful universe with mindful human anymore than a snake can birth a whale.

But because of the little purpose I see in my life, and in the life of people all over the world, I believe there's therefore a grand purpose.
    So my answer is a loud "yes", there's a purpose to life

5. Katherine Non

Katherine Non New Member

I agree with this, God has made us for His purpose. But yes the life I'm experiencing now is the work of God as he's the one who created me, but are the things I'm going through the work of God? No, because they're outcomes of my decisions. Whatever it is I decide is up to me because He's given all of us free will, but he has already written our path from start to finish. We may go astray at times but surely God will bring us back to the right path through his mercy and grace.

6. Yakubu Ibrahim

Yakubu Ibrahim New Member

We are on this earth for a purpose; we are not just here to do what we like.

God made this earth temporal place for us to come and do exams, so if you go back with success you have a reward for that and if you fail, you will also get a reward for that.

Always remember that, the world here is like university. You must definitely come out with a certificate of either a pass or a fail.