IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you type using your voice?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jony24, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Jony24

Jony24 New Member

you will see on your touchscreen keyboard there is a microphone button and if you use that microphone button, you will have the ability to type with your voice and i am using it right now. it's a bit hard to you because i cannot use capital letters when i needed to and sometimes it cannot understand what i am sayingi am not also able to use punctuations. it's not super reliable but it can be useful if you are too lazy to type .

defender points out where you can find on your on screen keyboard the microphone button is .if you have an injury or you're just too lazy to type it can be useful for using forums or commencing in social network but you cannot rely on it when it comes to punctuation grammar and capitalization grammar.

2. Zeus

Zeus New Member

I tried typing with my voice, but I never used it again because it was slow and inaccurate. I can type 120 wpm normally, and when I use my voice, it really slows me down and makes a lot of annoying mistakes that I have to go back over and fix, which takes even more time. Even the touchscreen keyboard works better for me, as with enough practice, I have gotten fast enough on it to make using my voice not worth it.

3. bluerose

bluerose New Member

Hi. I have use the voice typing feature on my computer. I like the application of this in order to create document for my writing.
    Just adjusting to this as it takes awhile to use the feature.

4. Rachael

Rachael New Member

I only type with my voice when I'm speaking French, because there's a lot of words I know how to say but that I can't spell. I use it for school, but not really anything else. Other than that, I never use it because it's not very accurate and misses a lot of words when you say them. I honestly just end up getting frustrated and end up typing the words out on my own anyways because its taking too much time.