IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you use Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Art' started by luispas, Jun 22, 2017.

?

Do you like Photoshop?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. luispas

luispas New Member

One of the most popular applications nowadays, this is a very helpful tool for new artist. With it we can make a lot of things, edit a photo, create a gif file, make logos, digital painting or drawings. I used it when I was a forum of signs, we made tournaments of sign images, it was very fun. I enjoy to use Photoshop, here's one of the logos that I made for my brothers little company:​

Attached Files:

2. icanbe

icanbe New Member

I actually have been using Photoshop for 18 years. I learned to use it in university. As an artist, I love to use it for line drawings that I would like to merge with special fx. I love the filters that Photoshop is composed of. An artist can create movie posters with these amazing filters and so much more. It's really a robust graphic design tool.

3. icanbe

icanbe New Member

I really like the logo that you did for your brother's company. Would you recommend Photoshop for creating logos in general or would that more Illustrator? I also would like to learn airbrushing for portraits in Photoshop. Do you have examples of any digital paintings that you have done using PS? That would be amazing to see.

4. pwee

pwee New Member

I do love to use Photoshop specially in my photos. It help me to hide things I dont want to expose. I also use it to edit my photos and put it in some place where I want to explore like Paris. Its so fun to use.

5. Mallory

Mallory New Member

I love using Photoshop. It's just a hobby for me, albeit an expensive one. I mainly just use it to edit photos. I can't stand some of the auto-edit standards on most applications. I've also used it to create some gifs and website graphics.

luispas, I love your logo! How long does something like that usually take you?

6. Wanjizzle

Wanjizzle New Member

I believe Adobe Photoshop is a really reliable program, as an artist one has the ability to simply edit photos or create amazing illustrations to even 3 dimension objects. If one learns and masters the ways to Photoshop you can easily create master pieces, I personally learnt Photoshop through the aid of YouTube, enabling me to have a wide scope to different ways of how to create something new on Photoshop.

7. huggy212

huggy212 New Member

I was able to use Adobe Photoshop 10 yrs ago and yes it is a wonderful program. Now I am not using it anymore because I am not good at using it or designing things. What I do is I just outsource things up when I need some edited photos and designs. If the job is just small I would just use small online platforms but I do not expect a high quality product from those instant online photo editors. Yes Adobe Photoshop is a very good program but I believe that it is not for everyone including me:).

8. Bani

Bani New Member

No, I don't use Photoshop but I like the end results. I have a friend who uses it on daily basis editing photographs since he is a photographer. I would recommend everyone who loves art to use this software as it is amazing. From making company logos to designing banners among many other things, its superb what Photoshop can do to spice up art.

9. anor0428

anor0428 New Member

Yes, I use it mostly for editing pictures. I use adobe cs3, I only know basic feature but it is enough for me to create stickers for our business. I was confused at first, till our professor on college required us to pass edited picture of superhero with our face. Since then, I enjoyed editing pictures, creating stickers and even simple tarpaulin for my friend's birthday. :)

10. Glinary

Glinary New Member

With just the basics, Photoshop has really helped me a lot, and it never fails to be handy even today! I use it for posters, especially during advertising events in our school. It even saved me some money and time a while ago because I knew how to adjust some things in the program. I just came from a printing shop, and the lady there was having some trouble with my output. I'm thankful for having some knowledge about it because we didn't have to wait for the Photoshop expert guy at the store and pay him some extra money.

Eventually, people kept coming to me asking to edit a few pictures for them. I never thought what used to be simply entertainment for me eventually became a source for some of my pocket money. Cheers to the people providing tutorials for Photoshop! They've really helped me a lot, guys.

11. melon

melon New Member

Im not really good at photoshop, but when i need to edit something Windows MsPaint does the job well

12. rollinder

rollinder New Member

I still use an old version of Paint Shop Pro (from back when it was owned by Jasc, before Corel took it over)., and it works fine for me.
    Photoshop is too expensive and I don't like the idea of not getting to own the software after paying, just temporarily renting it via the cloud.

Paint.net is good too and that's free.

13. gutzman

gutzman New Member

I do use Photoshop but like Mallory, it's just a hobby for now. I am not yet confident with my editing skills but I enjoy doing so. I smiled after I read melon's post because I can relate. I am also comfortable in using MsPaint as an editing tool. On the other hand, Photoshop is more challenging and very satisfying once you are able to do everything you want with your subject which is the photo. I believe that every skill can be learned with practice and dedication. I hope I will be able to be good at it in the future.

14. Xaimen

Xaimen New Member

When I am doing professional editing on a photo or project I use photoshop and adobe illustrator. Outside of professional uses I love using photo editing apps to edit my on personal photos that I would post on social media. My favorite app at the moment is PicsArt.

15. Veize

Veize New Member

I use Photoshop simply because it is leading the market. Compared to other products of that sort Photoshop just has the biggest online community so it is very likely that there's a tutorial for everything already whilst you'll sometimes struggle to find a tutorial for other programs. Despite that Photoshop really is all I need. It has a very User-friendly UI and is just one of the easiest programs to get into.