IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you watch horror movie..?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Johir Ahmed, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Johir Ahmed

Johir Ahmed New Member

There are a lot of horror movies out there, some are funny and silly, some are scary and still gives me the chills. I love to watch horror movie with some science fiction.

2. ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR

ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR New Member

Yes of course, I like watching Horror movies because it is exciting to watch and very suspense. The intense feeling of nervousness that I usually encountered was amazing and terrific. One of my favorite Horror movies are the Japanese ones due to its realistic visual effects and great characters that are being portrayed in the movie. Aside from that, Japanese Horror movies are one of the best Horror film that I've ever watch in my own experience.

Watching Horror movies entails a lot of patience and dedication. You should not watch Horror movies if you are afraid of ghost or other monster creature because for sure you cannot sleep in the middle of the night thinking of the Horror movies that you've watch. Although we should just keep in mind that most of the Horror movies are just an imagination of our creative minds and are made for us to have some kind of a leisure.

3. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

Of course yes, I do love and enjoy watching horror movies. It's among the movies that thrills me so much more than most movie genre in the market and online today. From my understanding, I have good reasons to believe that horror movies takes special attention as well as time in its acting, probably because of the horrific effects to be employed in making the scary content of it a force of nature.

Honesty speaking, the first time that I watched a horror movie I was scared to death by what I witnessed in the movie. If my memory serves me correctly, I think the movie back then was "The Evil Dead". I literally had serious nightmare about the movie and it got so bad that I couldn't go to any room that is dark alone. I had to watch that movie more than 10 times before I started getting used to not being scared of whatever that was acted in the movie.

As I was growing up and getting older, I picked up a few things online about learning to face your fears and I had to channel whatever fear I normally experience in watching horror movies into something positive. So that way, I hardly get scared by anything that is acted in any horror movie. I mostly see it as theateric effects simply used to get people frightened, none of it was real. So therefore, there is no justification in getting scared over something which is not real but only acted.

After this, I learnt to fall in love with horror movies and stories, enjoying every bit of it without feeling any atom of fear or anxiety by what was acted in the movie. There are several horror movies which I watched, and I would mention but a few of them here. They include; Evil Dead, Hell Raiser, Exorcist, Constantine, Salem, Sleepy Hollow, IT, Walking Dead, Z-Nation, Aliens, Helix, Demian, and The Grim.

4. sweetiepie8509

sweetiepie8509 New Member

I have seen a lot of horror movies and I'm not really scared by any of them I guess it's cause I know its fake and there is some that are really badly made.

5. seline

seline New Member

Horror moves are great but nowadays good scray horror movies are very hard to find. Growing up watching the collector, wrong turn etc those were the best. The last horror movie I watched was Anabel: creation and after finishing I didnt get what the hype about it was about. I was just dissappointed.

sweetiepie8509 likes this.
  6. Rmarsh1984

Rmarsh1984 New Member

I find I go through periods of wanting to watch horror movies, then after a while, back to my usual genres. I found during my pregnancy with my son I watched quite a few horror movies.

Many of them are super lame or just plain violent without any other real source of fear written in. I personally perfer the older horror movies that require more use of imagination. Like Hitchcock movies for example. The characters had depth, and they weren't just encountered by some ghoul in the night. They made you think.

My favorite of all time though is The Shining. I have seen it so many times, and there's something about it (both the book and the movie) that still gives me that tingle down the spine.

These days, on top of just being jam-packed with violence, horror movies also rely on special effects and making sure to show the spooky character in question as much as possible. Back in the older movies, they couldn't necessarily portray the "thing" in such a way, so they would only give brief flashes, or not show you at all until the very end. It was all in your mind where the scary thing could manifest itself as absolutely anything.

I personally don't consider most of the movies marketed as horror these days to be horror. It's almost always slasher flicks, which should be in a class of their own.

7. Eden Mae Dela Cruz

Eden Mae Dela Cruz New Member

I do but I am very picky when it comes to horror movies. I don't like jump scares which most horror movies are full of. An example of a great horror movie is The Skeleton Key and Insidious 2. It really has an excellent story with plot twists. I hope movie makers will produce more films like these. Something that is unique and not a copy cat of some other foreign movies.

8. Jsteph

Jsteph New Member

Yes I watch horror movies a lot, especially the ones that deal with the zombies and the cannibalism, I know you might think me as weird, I know am not the only one with this obsessions for such kind of movie genre. I grew up with watching horror movies, my grandma taught me how to watch, since then I never turned my backs at it.

I mostly I like the plot, the suspense that just keeps me starring and guessing, the rock songs that come from the background. That evil and doom kind of sound that happens at some scenes scare the hell out of me, it still do till today but am addicted to horror movies nothing I can do about that.

9. Bill7221

Bill7221 New Member

No I don't watch horror movies. I prefer reality TV series. I tend to think horror movies are for small kids. I used to watch horror movies as a kid though, but now I have grown up and put childish things behind me.

10. Paul

Paul New Member

I am a fan of horror movies. I love sitting back and letting the tension build up and suddenly get scared after am caught offguard by a certain scary scene.
    As my heart beats more and more so do I enjoy more and more. Nowadays there are many horror movies out there. Some are bloody (which I hate), while some are not.
    Anabel is my favourite. It scares the hell out of me each time I watch it.

11. jesal

jesal New Member

I love watching horror movie. Just love the way they present the concept and make you believe that there are evil spirits. Annabelle creation is one of the best time movie.

12. Efrah Ismael

Efrah Ismael New Member

No, not really. They're terrifying and I scare way to easily. I've watched some before, just out of curiosity, but I never had the guts to finish them. I had problems sleeping alone at night whenever I watched any.

13. DPhillips1981

DPhillips1981 New Member

I love me some horror movies! Give me a great movie and some snacks, I'm good to go!!!

14. john kimani

john kimani New Member

Yes, I do, they offer much entertainment which you would not find in any other movies, the suspense it encompasses makes the movie even sweeter. The best moment is when its all silence and I am glued on my chair my eyes fixed onto the television, waiting for that scary moment, my heart beating so fast though promising myself that I wouldn't be scared.

Eventually, that bang or scary sound, scene blows it up and am left freezing.