IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Stormie Barsten, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Stormie Barsten

Stormie Barsten New Member

I don’t know if I am the only one out there that wants to be more active when it comes to exercise and working out, but has the most trouble starting out the first week than anything. For instance, I would love to be fit, but I just can’t get myself motivated that first week. If I can somehow manage to force myself to workout for that first week, that is all I need to keep going. Then after that first week it becomes addicting and I want to keep going. It sounds really crazy if you think about it. I was just curious if anyone else has that same problem as I do. If so what is one way you get yourself motivated at the very beginning?

2. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

When I started going back to the gym I had a little bit of a hard time the first few days because it was hard trying to convince myself that it did fit into my schedule. Once I paid for my membership and signed up for a couple of the classes offered at my gym, I was hooked. Maybe you could try signing up for a few classes even if you don't go to a gym, I know some classes are offered at a community center in my city, maybe you can find some at your local community center.

3. Angel Howard

Angel Howard New Member

Hello Stormie Barsten. I can agree with you on the problem you are experiencing with trying to get motivated before an exercise routine. I actually have a problem with maintaining an exercise schedule. I think that getting started is the hardest thing to do. Listening to music or your favorite songs that can put you in a motivating mood would be a good start. I sometimes incorporate Zumba exercises into my routine and since Zumba is more like dancing rather than exercising, you can still benefit in many health related ways because the key to exercising and Zumba is physical movement. So, creating a dance routine which promotes physical movement throughout from your neck to your toes while moving around to your favorite song can make you feel excitement and motivation. This would be a great solution to the problem. Good luck to you on your next exercise routine.

4. Mandi

Mandi New Member

I am the same way. Getting started is the hardest part; I think it's that way for many. I will usually have to absolutely FORCE myself to get up and move. Once I do this and remember how good I feel after working out, I can get through it. You're not alone!