IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Emma Kwamboka, Mar 15, 2018.

?

Do you believe God exists?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Emma Kwamboka

Emma Kwamboka Member

Christians say that God's existence can't be proved. ( At least scientifically). Yet the weight of evidence not only makes it possible to believe in God's existence, it makes it very hard to ignore. The holy Bible, as well as the accounts of reliable men and women through the age, testify the reality of God.
    Do you believe God exists?

2. Ajah

Ajah New Member

I believe in the Universe. It may not be just a single person, I believe in many different spiritual guides that you can call on but science and faith should be able to coexist together naturally.

3. Lucita

Lucita New Member

In my opinion God exist, I may not have adequate evidence on His existence because He is intangible but when you look around it's just hard to ignore the fact that there is a supernatural being responsible for our existence. With different weather patterns one can't assume that such occurences happen by chance without the control of someone powerful. How can somebody explain the existence of so much features around us without attributing it to supernatural existence?

4. santanu

santanu Member

It will be a futile effort to try to prove the existence or non-existence of God. Moreover, why do I have to prove the existence of God? I believe God definitely exists but its form of existence is beyond human comprehension. I believe God is the source of all the energy in the universe. Let me explain - We come across different kinds of energies like gravitation, light, heat, electricity, magnetism etc. in our day to day life. Every energy is different in their functions from each other, agree?

I will cite the example of milk. We know that card, cheese, paneer are created from milk and so they are all derivatives of milk. All these derivatives have different characteristics but a single source.

Science says that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and one energy can only be converted to another energy. We get light converting electrical energy, right? So, it means all these convertible energies are products of a single entity(energy). I call this source of all energies as God.

5. lenmanalang

lenmanalang New Member

God exists! He is in the heart of those who believes in Him. I believe that God is always beside us guiding and supporting us. Some might say that God is not real because he never showed up but in my opinion, he is like an air, he may be invisible in our eyes but we can feel him, his love for us.

6. Shem Nderitu

Shem Nderitu New Member

God does exist from what we experience in our daily lives from being saved from accidents,the natural occurrences like rain e.t.c it's enough proof that there is a supernatural force and a supernatural being controlling our daily lives and that is God.

Also, we have hundreds of proves even in the Bible that God exists e.g( Moses spoke with God) and also various miracles have been recorded in the same book giving enough proof.

7. Pure Grace

Pure Grace New Member

I think that God means true and unconditional love that doesn't cheat anyone. The love that remains faithful, caring, loving, gentle and truthful is God. It might not have any name because love does not need any name.

Many times, when I was seeking God, I realised that nothing like God appeared in my presence. I had to find the God within myself. I had to help myself and work out things the way I wanted. I was made to compromise, die and sacrifice. However, I chose to live.

To live is to God and hence if love is God, then love is life. That would be the definition of God according to me. I have never seen anyone loving me truly, so I had to love myself truly. I seek peace and I give peace to myself.

8. PARAG

PARAG New Member

Well if the question is do you believe in God as an entity which is connected to a particular religion, then I would say that I don't believe in such a God. I believe that God is the most powerful positive force in the world, which governs us all.

Unfortunately the concept of God has been hijacked by various religions. Religion is the biggest divisive force and the reason for most of the conflicts and wars in the world. If God means , a positive unifying force which governs one and all, then i do believe it.

9. Richard Angelo Luzon

Richard Angelo Luzon New Member

God is real and you will able to meet him just obey hes commands in order to be saved into the chaos that will happen in the near future. The bible it the greatest lroof that God do exist. Before anyone of you make a judgement regarding into the existance of God you must first fully understand the bible because many people are joing into the argument but they don't even know a single verse mentioned in the bibke that really happened into our world.

10. Ben Benny

Ben Benny New Member

Everyone was created by God in His own image.I believe that there is one Supernatural being who exists and watches over us.As Christians, We should at all time worship and pray to Him to always help us in everything that we do.

This debate has been there but i believe that a true Christian should never doubt the existence of God.God is like a spirit,but can exist in all forms.His powerful actions can be felt.I don't understand why people doubt about God yet they believe that there is a devil.For a devil to exist, there must be God.A God who is more powerful than the devil's dirty ways.

11. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

Yes he exists. "But how do I know?", you'd ask.

And the answer is simple: because of the caliber of things we have in existence. You know it will sound stupid if we see a smartphone washed ashore only for we to start arguing that the smarphone wasn't made, that it just popped into existence; or that the rumbbling tide of the ocean, randomic in nature, was able to bring together the individual parts of the phone and then randomly placed them together to form something as sophisticated as the smartphone. How strange, and how incredulous will your reaction be towards such a story.

If there's no God, then what made us is something random, but what we see in the universe can in no way be the product of a random process. But the design we see in creation attest to a powerful, intelligent and moral creator (God) behind the universe.

12. Meshack Bwoyele Keya

Meshack Bwoyele Keya New Member

God exists. Am convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that God exists.

A drunk man found a pastor preaching in a crusade. He drunkenly went to the pastor and started punching him.

"There is no God, if there is God, let me die now." The drunk said with finality.

The drunk then climbed on his bike and rolled down a valley. There was a crush!

The pastor with his congregation went down the valley and found the drunk dying. He had fallen with his bicycle and was badly hurt. He beckoned to the pastor.

"Pastor, I believe that God exists," he whispered to the pastor and kicked the bucket.

13. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

I believe that God exists. It is evidenced in the earth. The size of the earth is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

It is also proven by the water. It is colorless, odorless and without taste, and yet no living thing can survive without it. Plants, animals and human beings consist mostly of water (about two-thirds of the human body is water). You'll see why the characteristics of water are uniquely suited to life. It has wide margin between its boiling point and freezing point. Water allows us to live in an environment of fluctuating temperature changes, while keeping our bodies a steady 98.6 degrees.

14. imtiazbajwa

imtiazbajwa New Member

Respected sir you ask about that what God is present or not my believe is that God is Present so my vote is Yes
    but i want to explain that if we see around us and only if we see ourselves then we found millions of evidence of the presence of God. We know that science had make a great progress but till now we can not able to make a new hair from any other thing, we can not generate a drop of blood, we can not give the sight of some blind. we can do nothing with out the permission of God even we have all sources
    we can not stop to die a person

15. Kass_OwO

Kass_OwO New Member

Well, that's a partly interesting, partly cliché and a bit overused topic, but I'd really like to share my thoughts on it.
    For long years people have believed that everything that's happening around them (like weather changes, natural disasters, things that occur in someone's life and so on) depend on some extraordinary powers often described as 'gods' or 'God'(in monotheism). And it was totally normal since science wasn't developed well enough to give an answer to such things.
    But as time had passed, people started to learn new and new undeniable scientific facts (e.g. Isaac Newton and his theory of gravity) and religion wasn't the only possible answer.
    So back to the question: Do I believe in God? I can't personally give an answer, because I describe myself as agnostic. Neither science, nor religion can fully explain all things we seek answers for. Some things will stay in fog until we, human beings ourselves, will find the truth...

16. Samdan78

Samdan78 New Member

Although the existence of God may not be easily proved on empirical grounds, I am one of the billions of people in the world who believe that God exists. My deep belief in the existence of God is more of my personal conviction than on any scientific proof.

My various encounters in life have equally deepened my conviction in that regard. I have prayed to God and received answers to my supplications. I look at nature: the stars, the moon, the sun, the clouds, trees and plants, rivers and oceans, people and animals and I realize that these things did not come into being accidentally but are the works of a supreme God.

17. First0perfection

First0perfection New Member

God exists everywhere. The existence of universe is the creation of God and the continuation of it depends on the blessings of God.

In my opinion, God exists in the heart of every creature and we should always stretch our helping hands to help one another. It is belief of God that encourages us to perform whatever difficult it is.

18. Delmierose

Delmierose New Member

On the off chance that God does not exist, life is at last futile. On the off chance that your life is bound to finish in death, at that point, at last, it doesn't make a difference how you live. At last, it has no extreme effect on whether you existed or not. If God does not exist, at that point we should eventually live without expectation. On the off chance that there is no God, at that point there is, at last, no expectation for redemption from the deficiencies of our limited presence. I believe God exists as he does miracles in my life.

19. alysiaascovani

alysiaascovani New Member

Personally, I do not believe that God exists. However, I do recognize that I am in the minority. To me, it seems like people believe in God because they need something to believe in and look forward to after their death. The idea of oblivion and simply ceasing to exist is frightening, and the idea of a God and a heaven waiting for them is comforting. I understand the allure of this ideology, but as a pessimist, I cannot bring myself to hope for such things. If there is a God, then I will be proven wrong after I die, and if not, then I don't think I will be around to know that I was right.

I don't dislike religious people, and I have friends who are religious. The only time I have ever had a problem with someone religious is when they are trying to force their beliefs on me. So long as that does not happen, then I am happily able to coexist and form relationships with religious people.

20. MCHARLEY

MCHARLEY New Member

I understand that a lot of people have different beliefs and religion and that's fine as long as we're not hurting each other over it. But as for myself, I do believe that God exists and he is all of us. I like to think that we all exists because God exists and that we were all created for a purpose.