IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does "God" Really Exist?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Dinbanks, Apr 16, 2015.

1. laurie123

laurie123 New Member

Yes I do think there is a God. I think in the time of the Bible he helped the people along and was there. Nowadays he leaves us alone to take care of ourselves. I think after the end of the world he will be there again with whoever survived or recreate the earth again! That's just my thoughts though. I am currently reading the Bible for the first time and it's very interesting.

2. silverleafy

silverleafy New Member

The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved. The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists: “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. “Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” (John 20:29).

3. arrhen fej

arrhen fej New Member

Suppose you were hiking through the forest and came upon a ball lying on the ground. You would naturally wonder how it came to be there. If your hiking buddy said to you, “Forget about it! It just exists!” you would think he was either joking or just wanted you to keep moving. No one would take seriously the idea that the ball just exists without any explanation. Now notice than merely increasing the size of the ball until it becomes coextensive with the universe does nothing to either provide, or remove the need for, an explanation of its existence.

So what is the explanation of the existence of the universe (by ‘the universe’ I mean all of spacetime reality)? The explanation of the universe can lie only in a transcendent reality beyond it – beyond space and time – the existence of which transcendent reality is metaphysically necessary (otherwise its existence would also need explaining). Now there is only one way I can think of to get a contingent entity like the universe from a necessarily existing cause, and that is if the cause is an agent who can freely choose to create the contingent reality. It therefore follows that the best explanation of the existence of the contingent universe is a transcendent personal being – which is what everybody means by ‘God’.

4. shaneckawilliams

shaneckawilliams New Member

This forum has three pages of people wanting to know if God really exists! That is awesome!

In response to Dinbanks, you believing that you, yourself is a "god" I'm sorry to tell you that is a flat out lie. As a matter of fact that is the oldest lie in the Bible. Satan, that old serpent told Eve that same lie. You read how that that turned out didn't you? Both Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden and punished.

I know everyone has their own opinion about whether or not God exists but my opinion on the subject is this, God does exist. The Father exists, he works wonders everyday whether we stop to acknowledge them or not. The flowers bloom in their season the wild animals of the world are fed and they never had to sow nor reap a field. My father made the world in six days and on the seventh he rested from his work and everything that he made was good. The heavens, the earth, the grasses and herbs, the birds of the air, the fish in the sea and rivers, the land animals and of course we humans. There is no one under Heaven who does wonders like my father he brought the Hebrews out of Egypt with a mighty hand, he puts a hedge around us to protect us from harm, he leads us to righteousness, he is God.

No one can do the wonders that he has done, the sea obeys him. The waves may come to the shore but by his decree they come inland no further, all the rivers and streams empty into the ocean but after all these millenia but they are not full. The Lord is just, merciful, all powerful, all knowing and all seeing. The Lord is mighty, he pours out his wrath on the wicked and blesses the righteous. My master is the king of kings and the lord of lords and there is no one or any false "gods" that can compare with him.

5. bootingtheball

bootingtheball New Member

I think that if you believe in god or not depends very much on your family and the way you was raised, for example: if you was raised by atheists or non religious parents chances are that you will not believe in god but at the same time if you were raised in a religious household you will grow to believe and practice your religion.

I do believe in god but I sometimes question my faith because there are so many diseases and so much suffering, not to mention the wars throughout history. If he wanted to he could have stopped all of that but he didn't.