IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does music affect your mood?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kay, Aug 28, 2018.

1. nikiii23

nikiii23 New Member

Of course, music can be stimulating, it can make you both sad and happy. It can help you to feel what you want to feel and to be what tou want to be even for a minut.

2. Tobby

Tobby New Member

A definite Yes, music speaks directly to the soul.
    I don't joke with my play lists.

3. tinymoronie

tinymoronie New Member

Music is my best interest and it does greatly affects my mood and myself "in general" in several ways. Personally, I listen to music a lot for the fact that it gives me more that just entertainment. Listening to it alone makes me feel happier, lessen my stress, calms me in my panic moments, helps me sleep well, makes me think properly, and even to the point of making me more efficient in doing tasks.
    Music is that powerful and influential to me. It might sounds like magic but it is indeed true. There are even various scientific researches supporting and proving this and other similar claims.

4. Xaimen

Xaimen New Member

YES! Music has helped me complete projects. Whenever I needed to have something done I would turn on my music lock my door so nobody could distract me I started working none stop until I got it done. Once you finish you feel a sigh of relief and you will continue your day with a positive attitude.

5. Amdeyesus

Amdeyesus New Member

It does specially sad songs

6. sydney

sydney New Member

The results help us to pinpoint the ways people regulate their mood with the help of music, as well as how music rehabilitation and music therapy might tap into these processes of comfort, relief, and enjoyment

7. Nox

Nox New Member

I find music can change my mood in a drastic way. In general I think the music I play on a given day matches my level of energy. At times I will use music to uplift myself. I will typically listen to some alternative rock (nu metal of course, it's the genre that got me through those awkward teenage years) and maybe some hip-hop when I'm trying to get hyped up for focused. I'll listen to some jazz or soul music when I'm in a more relaxed mood over the weekend. Lately I've been listening to a lot more RnB than I usually do, I've started dating someone who's really brought a lot of love and happiness into my life

8. Delmierose

Delmierose New Member

Indeed, Music can affect my mood, If I listen to soothing music I feel relaxed if I will listen to rock I feel wild. Whatever music it is it can affect your mood. To make my mood okay I just listen to Linkin Park songs after that I will be okay. Music is made to express one's emotions and we can relate to it by listening to the lyrics of the music as those lyrics can make us feel lonely, sad, happy and angry. It really affects our mood because some songs have a sentimental value that we cherished in our hearts.

9. MaryC

MaryC New Member

I listen to African music, afro beat and afro pop. My favourite genres are from South Africa. The drums and rhythm keep my mood up.