IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does music really pay?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Florence, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Florence

Florence New Member

I wonder if music really pays regarding that most of musicians complain that they are poor and not living by what we see on screens. Does it mean the big cars and expensive shoots and all the make ups and clothing are just for the video purpose? Secondly as they complain about low payments, why do we have some of them being claimed to be so rich?

I remember there was an argument going around when I was young and even up to recent days that Michael Jackson was bankrupt upon his death and this makes me wonder why all the struggle to fame then when you go home empty handed?

Another case was when the artist 50cent was arrested and he declared himself bankrupt before the court.Does this mean that our artists are pampering our screens for little than we expect?

If this is the case then what will this portray to young and upcoming artists who may be depending solely on the music career?

2. brandon_kabinga

brandon_kabinga New Member

It is common sense that, if a person uses 2 million to shoot a video then the person MUST be receiving more than that. Therefore, music does pay well no one can fake richness unless you really are rich.