IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does Social Media Pressure Us to Change our Bodies?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Alexandria117, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Alexandria117

Alexandria117 New Member

I found that I became obsessed with TikTok awhile ago and there were only slim girls and muscular guys showing up on my feed. They worked out constantly and in the comments, everyone was in love with them. It just became too toxic for me to see every day and I started hating on my body because it was curvier than theirs. I recently deleted TikTok and most of my other social media and now I'm doing what's best for my body and I feel so much happier.

2. purpleee

purpleee New Member

I agree with you, Alexandria. Social media really causes us to compare ourselves with those ideal bodies that we see online. I also find myself wishing I'm as perfect as them. As I scrolled over lots of pictures of beautiful and sexy girls, my self-esteem just kept on decreasing and I know this is bad. This lead me to take a break from instagram, twitter and facebook so I can focus more on myself. I'm glad I realized social media should not define what I should be. The motivation should come from myself and at my own pace.