IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Does The Bible Contradict Itself?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by K. M. Bwoyele, Feb 2, 2019.

?

Do you think the scripture in the Bible was inspired?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. K. M. Bwoyele

K. M. Bwoyele New Member

The Bible is God's holy book. It comprises of many writers drawn from all wakes of life and having different backgrounds ; yet what they write have a sort of an agreement. It is written in 2nd Timothy 3:15 that all scripture is inspired.

However, there are two versus which confuse me greatly. Numbers 23:19 says God cannot regret. Genesis 6:6 says that God regretted having made human beings. Are these verses contradicting?

Image from pixabay free images.

Attached Files:

2. JM5FW

JM5FW New Member

I fully agree with Bwonyele that all scripture is inspired by God (Though it is 2 Timothy 3:16). One of the greatest tenets of the Bible that I have come to appreciate is its consistency and authenticity. For this reason, I have learned to study the Bible in its entirety because one confusing passage in one book is clearly expounded in another. I ask myself the question if the scriptures were inspired, who did the inspiration? Clearly, it was the Holy Spirit. And when Jesus left he told the disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit because when he comes, He will be our helper and will teach us all things. (John 14:26)

One of the other things I could point out is that it is always beneficial to study the Bible within its context.