IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Education is not just academic

Discussion in 'Education' started by vadze, May 23, 2015.

1. vadze

vadze New Member

Many students end up focusing on only one aspect of education leaving the other important sides.
    The aspect most people consider is the academic aspect of education. Students think 1st class is all that make them successful in their education.

Although first class is great and students need to work towards it but education is about training one self to fit to the current world.

In my country, students are trained to be employees but I made up my mind to be an employer so I study beyond just academic.

I am a BSC:BIOCHEMISTRY student but I studied web design, blogging and many things. I make money online daily whilst most of my fellow students complained about lack of money.

Many of these student who complains about finances are academically good but cannot implement their knowledge to solve the problem they have.

The sad aspect is graduate unemployment. With the great knowledge most graduates have, they want to use it to work for someone not thinking of how to use it to employ others.
    Even on the internet, people are making more than enough to cater for themselves and their family but yet still computer science graduates in my country complains about job and they sit in the house looking for a company to employ them.

Academic work opens our mind to think and solve problems but not to give you what you want.
    Education is training yourself to solve problems in the world

2. star22

star22 New Member

You are right education is not only about academic, studying a book isn't enough. I think the most important thing is to keep an open mind, to explore new possibilities. School can't teach you that, it can only give you some useful instruments.