IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Ever thought about living in a van?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by QueenofHearts, Aug 26, 2017.

1. QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts New Member

Homeless and loving it, is a new thing now a days. Many nomads such as myself live in automobiles. Some live in cars, rv's, campers, pop-up campers, buses andeven reconditioned garbage trucks. The possibilities are endless when it comes to living without outside of brick and mortar. I myself am a Certified Van-Dweller. Yes, at the ripe age of 40, I've purchased a Ford E-150 and I've created my home inside of my van.

Her (my vans) name is Wylde Chyle. Have I ever imagined I would ever live in a camper-van house or any automobile (not by choice) for that matter? No! But someone I know told me about this awesome community of nomadic van dwellers and I checked out their lives of freedom and movement and decided that I wanted that to? So now I'm a van-liver. I love my lifestyle. It's peaceful, it's liberating, it's empowering and most of all I love inspiring my social media connections to Live Victoriously in all that they choose to do.

I've attached a picture of Wylde Chylde # 2. We have been creating more and more adventure together. So the point of this post. No matter what situation you may find yourself in, Live Victoriously in all that you choose to do. The Victorious Living Movement with Vicky Love is the name of my channel and I invite you o visit with me and if you choose not to move into a van-house like I've chosen to do; perhaps you can become inspired to create a mini-rv for traveling purposes? You will save money on hotels.

Would you ever consider living in an automobile? o_O:D:cool: Picture 76.jpg 1500792990553.jpg

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  2. Dianah08

Dianah08 New Member

I have thought about having vans maybe if I can gather enough resources I can be able to have a van, I like the slogan homeless and am loving it, I am not just in need of a van I need a van with comforts and all that there is, the type of van I will have everything in it like a customized private jet. The idea is really great I must say I give you an applause for this, I like your lifestyle and the joy you derive in travelling and also living in a van that's like double adventure.

What I love most about a private van is the adventures that comes with it, you get to travel places and go to work still from that same van, I honestly am lost for words because your van is beautiful, I can't wait for me to get mine I love the whole idea of it though I have never seen one in real life.

3. Claraviolet

Claraviolet New Member

I never thought of living in a van until now. It seems like an adventure of sorts. I have heard of people who travels for months in a vehicle but I never imagined that, they would continue doing so, for years. I have been thinking about travelling lately and I would love to visit beautiful places in my own vehicle.

Out of curiosity, I would like to ask you something. What about the parking? Not many people would allow some unknown person to park a car, in a place nearby their houses. I live in India. Over here, it's really difficult to get a parking place and generally women are discouraged to start an adventure of their own. Still, that wouldn't stop people like me, who would want to live their life to the fullest.

4. kinyae

kinyae New Member

living in a van is somehow hard because you have no toilet, you have no shower, you keep your dirty laundry 2.5 feet from where you sleep, your salty wetsuit is fermenting somewhere, your gym runners are within an arms length of your “kitchen”… you get where I am going with this? You are going to be in a very confined space. There is no escaping everything dirty, smelly or sweaty. If you’re thinking of living in a van you’re probably an active person, so you know exactly what I’m talking about. You can build in storage for this stuff but it’s still right there with you, all the time. I’ll get into to showering later but forget about showering every day. I promise there will come a time when it’s day three with no shower and you realize that smell in the van is you.