IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Favorite Psychological/Drama TV Show?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by dreamhacker, Nov 1, 2019.

1. dreamhacker

dreamhacker New Member

I’ve been getting into watching more psychological based television shows lately, whether that be due to Halloween and Spooky Season or just because I’m crazy. On Netflix these days, there aren’t many *good* shows to watch, but I started this series called ‘You’ (which I ended up binging while procrastinating and finishing the entire first and only season in one afternoon) and I was quite surprised by it.

The main plot is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a girl. She’s already in a relationship and has a life and this guy starts stalking her. He starts manipulating her, except subtly at first, and as the show progresses, his manipulative side comes to light even more than you would think. If you like laid back horror (I guess that is what you would call it) then I would prescribe this show to you.

2. Moldovan Eliza

Moldovan Eliza New Member

I can say that I enjoyed watching House Of Cards (2013), directed by David Fincher, with Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, Michael Kelly, Jayne Atkinson and Constance Zimmer.

I watched this series on Netflix and I really was impressed by the twist of the plot. It is a political TV - Series in witch every person implied is plotting to gain the power. There are also some innocent characters that are used by the other bad intentioned people as pions, to get the work done for them. It is shown how far a person can go in order to achieve his will.

3. kumaran

kumaran New Member

My all time favorite series is Mentalist. Main plot is about a guy who uses "mentalism" to help CBI solve homicide cases, while trying to find villain who killed his wife and daughter.

Every episode is linked to the main plot while completely independent of previous episodes. You can skip few in between if you cannot wait for the end. But I can assure you that you won't stop once you start.

4. Thesease

Thesease New Member

Hands down, my favorite series is from the man who brought us Zodiac, Gone Girl and other psychological movies, David Fincher. It is "Mindhunter", a story about Holden Ford and Bill Tench, two colleagues from the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, trying to understand the motives, behaviors and personalities of serial killers by interviewing said killers so that they could use these information for their future cases.

It's on season 2 now on Netflix. However, season 3 is indefinite because of Fincher's busy schedule. I hope you try this series out as well.