IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Favorite Rock Bands?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Solace, Sep 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Solace

Solace New Member

What’s your favorite rock band?

There’s are plenty of iconic rock bands out there in this day and age, however it seems that the rock genre has instead faded beneath this generation.

Genres such as Rap and Hip Hop have very much dominated the charts. You tend to hear more about the track records of said artists more than you do about their own content.

The 70-80’s were a time where the most successful musicians sprouted in the industry with iconic groups such as Queen, Guns n’ Roses, and many more. What was your favorite rock band from earlier times?

2. Jessica Thienes

Jessica Thienes New Member

Modern times I would have to say that Five Finger Death Punch has that hardcore level that I look for. Disturbed was always a bad I could depend on for those sort of vibes as well.

As for my beloved, older rock bands? Van Halen's Panama has a special place in my heart as does the rest of their music. Pretty much any classic rock makes me feel somewhat nostalgic and singing along to it around the house while I do chores can make my happy level go up like no one's business.

"I see a little silouetto of a man..."

3. aubryWrites

aubryWrites New Member

To tell the Rock band we love the most, it is important to list the Rock genre we have been listening to. This gives a bit of credit to the choices we have made. Talking of genre, as a reminder, we generally have : Art Rock, Christian Rock, Folk Rock, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Rock & Roll, Alternative Rock, Metal Rock... as different genre.

Once, one has listen to some of this genre, the one, that makes him feel like his true self, will definitely be the one where he/she will fall in love with the band of his/her choice. Music and Art is supposed to make us feel good, melancholic, engaged, decisive and thrilled, that is why we can say without minimum doubt that the best choice is one made based on emotions felt.

Concerning our personal choice, being big fans of Alternative Rock, we are in love with Linki Park (R.I.P Chester Bennington). They are the first to make us taste mixtures of Rock and other music genres (something very difficult to do giving the radical state of Rock music).

4. Azai87

Azai87 New Member

I like Killswitch engage, BMTH, Mudvyne... Just to name a few but I also like the older rock bands such as Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and
    Boston. It depends on the song quality I guess.