IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

favourite bible verse

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by shiproh, Jul 22, 2017.

1. shiproh

shiproh New Member

And the message

2. ageneral

ageneral New Member

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 it says there that “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protected, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres.”. Love cares more for others than for our self. It tells us that we should love like God loved us.

Kerri Pippen likes this.
  3. Sospeter

Sospeter New Member

4. SirenOnFire

SirenOnFire New Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. SirenOnFire

SirenOnFire New Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. SirenOnFire

SirenOnFire New Member

John 13:7 Jesus replied " You do not understand what I do now, but someday you will".

Despite my young age, I have been through so much in my life. I have undergone quite a few mental and emotional trauma that I have carried almost through adulthood. I lacked self esteem, had load of insecurities that I didn't know how to handle, and extreme self doubt. It was so difficult to be like this inside, because outside, I have to play this charade of the perfect daughter and sister. Playing this kind of role everyday of my life became too much to a certain point, that I just want it all to go away.

Then God made His presence known. I knew He was always there holding my hand from the very beginning, but I was too focused on what I feel and what I lack, that I didn't notice it. I then realized that for me to become a stronger and much better person, I first had to lose the kind of person I used to be. You see, I was an entitled, bratty and self obsessed girl back then before the turning point of my life, where everything that I was just flew out the window. I had so much in my heart and mind, but being the kind of person who cannot share nor voice out to others the problems I have, I only kept it inside me. I was in so much darkness that I didn't know what to do with myself.

Now, I am so far from the person I used to be, and I'm really proud of what I have become. I realized that I experienced all those failures in life because I trusted only myself and no one else, instead of trusting God, who is perfect and without flaws. I am a human with so many imperfections and inconsistency, and I learned to rest my worries unto Him and let Him handle the reins of my life.

7. Nkudensi

Nkudensi New Member

There are many favourite verses I love in the bible, mostly the verses are from Psalm. However, I like proclaiming Isaiah Chapter 60: 1 especially when I am down. It says: “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.”

8. Purity Mani

Purity Mani New Member

Romans 8:32,it says for He who did not spare His only son but He gave as Him for He can die for our sins,what other thing we ask by His name shall He not give us.
    It really encourages me when am down,whatever we pray believing and trusting in his name it shall be given to us it doesn't matter how small or big it is,read these every time you feel there is no hope.
    God is there for us pray with faith everything shall be granted

9. Elyas

Elyas New Member

I do not have a favorite verse because all is true. which we often do is to prioritize a biblical passage that we should only encounter. it is in my opinion, and it goes back to each of us

10. breezykip

breezykip New Member

I used to be taught that good people will go to heaven,something that I didn't like.After all, what do you expect to enjoy in heaven?!.The sweet truth is that the earth (our home) "..will never be destroyed"-That is according to my second best scripture psalms 104:5.My favorite one is Psalms 37:10,29 where it assures me that the righteous shall inherit the EARTH and dwell upon it FOREVER and that the wicked,who are so many today,will be annihilated and the remaining good people will enjoy life on earth where there will be "...no more death,nor suffering nor pain..." (Revelation 21:3,4)

11. CALEBEDWIN

CALEBEDWIN New Member

The Lord says, "Let my people return to me. Remove every obstacle from their path! Build the road, and make it ready! I am the high and holy God, who lives for ever. I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope." Isaiah 57:14-15.

This Is One that moves me a lot: HUMILITY!

12. Poselina

Poselina New Member

Philippians chapter two verses three to five.
    "Do nothing out if selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.

13. Tiren

Tiren New Member

Philippians 4:8. Finally, brethren,whatsoever things are true,whatsoever things are honest,whatsoever things are just,whatsoever things are pure,whatsoever things are lovely,whatsoever things are of good report,if there is any virtue,and if there be any praise,think about this things.

14. Charles Nyakira

Charles Nyakira New Member

"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."
    (Psalm 56:8, NLT)

He Collects Your Tears
    Do you know how important you are to God? He cares so much about every detail of your life. He cares about your thoughts, feelings and emotions. In fact, what you are going through is so important to Him that He records every sorrow and collects the tears you’ve shed.

Why would God record your sorrows and collect your tears? Because everything that affects you matters to Him. He is your Vindicator. He’s keeping an account of every wrong that’s ever been done to you so that He can make up for every single one of them. He wants to restore to you everything that has ever been stolen. He wants to heal every hurt and pain.

Today, know that God cares about the things that concern you. He cares about the things that hurt you. He is close to the brokenhearted, and He wants to bring you peace and comfort. Turn to Him and receive His love. Let Him bring healing to your heart and restoration to your soul.

15. Charles Nyakira

Charles Nyakira New Member

(Matthew 2:11 AMPC)"And on going into the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then opening their treasure bags, they presented to Him gifts--gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Gifts for a King
    Can you imagine what it must have been like for the Wise Men when they saw Jesus? He was just a child in a stable surrounded by animals, but these Wise Men recognized that He was the King of kings and the Lord of lords; the Savior of the world. Immediately, they fell on their faces to worship Him, but notice what they did next—they presented Him gifts as part of their worship. And they didn’t just give any old thing they had; they gave Him their absolute best—costly gold, frankincense and myrrh.

When we give Jesus our absolute best—our time, talent and resources, it is truly an act of worship. We are saying with our actions, “God, You mean more to me than anything. Because You are so awesome, I want to give You everything that I am.” It pleases Him when we come to Him with this attitude. When we draw near to Him with an open and humble heart, He draws near to us. Remember, when you give Him your best, He gives you His best in return.

16. Liberty

Liberty New Member

@shiproh , my best and favorite Bible verse is; Galatians 6:7,"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Everything we do in this life is a seed we sow towards our own future. Perhaps this is one most important reason we should grow in loyalty and faithfulness. Supposing we planted discord or disloyalty, would we be willing to reap from them?. If a person is rebellious, he or she is planting some seeds towards his future and the seeds germinate real fast and come back in a stronger and larger way.

Many things that we see happen today are results of seeds planted yesterday. Now, fasting and prayer cannot remove a tree that one planted, bindind and loosing will not prevent the laws of God concerning sowing and reaping. This means then, if you do not want to reap certain harvests one must learn not to sow certain seeds.

17. Lillylabelle

Lillylabelle New Member

This is my everyday prayer. Psalms 71
    In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge;let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your help ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge ,to which I can always go; give the command to save me,for you are my rock and my fortress.

18. Lockridge

Lockridge New Member

Jeremiah 29:11 has always been my favorite because it gives me so much hope. It says "For i know the plans i have for you,saith the Lord. Plans of good and not of evil.plans that will give you a future and a hope." Knowing that there is someone who has the best plans for me gives me an assurance that no matter what i go through right now in life, it is all towards a very beautiful end and that the present hardships will definitely not last.All i have to do is stay persistent, hopeful and keep the faith.

19. Rebekah Smith

Rebekah Smith New Member

I appreciate Elyas view very much. Every verse is important because it is the word of God.

If I had to choose a favorite Bible verse, however, I would choose Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” This verse reminds us of the authority we have in Christ and the abilities we have based on his sacrifice. I can do anything. It is an inspiring verse.

This verse also reminds me of Jesus' sacrifice. In addition, it declares that we are not doing “all things” in our own power. Jesus Christ must receive the glory for what we do. Our strength and power are founded in (the result of or based on) Jesus and his sacrifice at the cross. I think this is an important lesson that may be overlooked when this verse is believed and claimed.

Kerri Pippen likes this.
  20. mrllevarita

mrllevarita New Member

"Father, not my will, but Yours be done." -Luke 22:42

This is my favorite verse because it keeps me reminded that God is in control and God is with me every step of the way. I just learned to let go and let God!