IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

favourite bible verse

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by shiproh, Jul 22, 2017.

1. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

My favorite verse in the Bible is found in Joshua 1:8. This book of the shall not depart out of your mouth. You shall meditate on it day and night. Obey everything that is written and commanded in them. Then your ways will become prosperous and successful.

I love this verse ever since. I want to apply this in my life. Its because I want to be prosperous and successful in life. I am waiting for this to happen for me and my family.

2. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

My favorite verse in the Bible is found in Joshua 1:8. This book of the shall not depart out of your mouth. You shall meditate on it day and night. Obey everything that is written and commanded in them. Then your ways will become prosperous and successful.

I love this verse ever since. I want to apply this in my life. Its because I want to be prosperous and successful in life. I am waiting for this to happen for me and my family.

3. Angelixx26

Angelixx26 New Member

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

This verse explains that it is not possible to believe in God without faith. Believing means having faith despite the uncertainty of everything. Faith gives us hope that things will fall into the right place in God's time. There is a saying that "To see is to believe" but this verse proves that we can also believe what we cannot see if we have faith.

4. Blessyn

Blessyn New Member

John1:1
    In the beginning was the Word,the Word was with God,and the Word was God.

5. JM0315

JM0315 New Member

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

It blows my mind to try and comprehend that kind of love. Can you imagine it?

God loves each and every one of us so much, that he sent his only son to die for all of our our sins. And if we acknowledge that and trust and believe in him with all of our hearts, then we have conquered death and will live with him eternally in Heaven.

6. Himaya

Himaya New Member

ROMANS 12:1"And so ,dear brothers and sisters,I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you.Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind He will find acceptable .This is truly the way to worship Him."

7. rhythm87

rhythm87 New Member

My favorite verse in the bible is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. The verse is as follows. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

This is a sentimental verse to me. It is even engraved in my engagement ring. My husband gave me a lot of letters including this verse. I tried to make it, and maintain it as a foundation of our relationship. Nonetheless, I believe it is not just pertaining to romantic love, but love as a whole and in general. This verse promotes humility, self control, discipline and peace of mind. Ultimately, it reflects the love of Jesus for us, and how we should love others as well.

8. Bossa

Bossa New Member

Exodus 23:20-26
    GOD'S ANGEL TO PREPARE THE WAY.
    See, i am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place i have prepared.
    Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my name is in him.
    If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that i say, i will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.
    My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites and i will wipe them out.
    Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to piecies.
    Worship the Lord your God, and his blessings will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.
    And none will miscarry or be burren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

9. Rose61

Rose61 New Member

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." Psalms23:1.I love this verse,it encourages me that no matter what happens to me,I'm not alone for I have a shepherd who is concerned about me and my safety is in His strong hands.So,because Almighty God is my shepherd,I shall not want or lack.The Lord is my protector and provider.

10. Victor Cheruiyot

Victor Cheruiyot New Member

My favourite bible verse is 2Chronicles 7:14.We see The character of God,loving and caring because He knows the heart of man that without guidance man can go astray.He is a just God that He gives man an option of obeying Him and reap the benefits or disobey Him and face the consequences. 2 Chronicles: 7. 14. if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.