IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Finished seeing an early showing of Shazam

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Nasreddine Fekih, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Nasreddine Fekih

Nasreddine Fekih New Member

First and foremost DC has not impressed me since they started their universe. I thought Man of Steel was okay, hated both Suicide Squad and Dawn of Justice. Wonder Woman was enjoyable but it had a really disappointing finale. I also don't think it's aging as well as some other superhero films (Ugh the CGI). And I haven't even bothered to see Aquaman. DC has disappointed me a lot by trying to rush things.

With that being said I think Shazam is a HUGE step in the right direction. I think I enjoy it more than any DC movie since the Dark Knight trilogy. It's fun and if I were to draw a comparison very similar to Deadpool with the type of humor. It obviously is not rated R and it definitely has some flaws. But this is the first DC movie that I feel like manages to stay good for the entire duration of the movie.

If I were to rank it alongside the Marvel films I think I would have it in the top 10. But all in all DC for the first time in a long time actually met my expectations. (Excluding Wonder Woman)

2. Xaimen

Xaimen New Member

I have yet to see the movie but from the trailers it seems like it will be an enjoyable movie. However, although I haven't seen the movie, the title and the scenes I saw make it seem like this was a movie that was half-assed. I feel like they produced this movie because they did not know what else to do.

3. haroldcrow

haroldcrow New Member

Personally, I'm pretty excited for Shazam. I think it might be a step in the right direction, which is something DC DEFINITELY needs right now. You're right. DC has really made some bad movies lately. I think pretty much every movie since the Dark Knight trilogy has been a total flop. I really hope Shazam redeems them.