IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

For what reasons do you use the internet?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by f_liperodrigues, May 20, 2018.

1. f_liperodrigues

f_liperodrigues New Member

We all know the internet is an amazing thing and we can use it for a lot of reason. But, what are the best reasons that make you go online and spend hours on the computer or a smartphone? Do you think you spend so much time doing things you shouldn't?

I use the internet to work, talk with people, play games, learn things, pay my bills, watch videos, movies, and tv shows, for example. But I'd like to spend less time on social media, youtube, and other foolish things.

And you? Share what you do on the internet and if you are satisfied with the way you use it.

2. Trish23

Trish23 New Member

Im an online seller so i spend my internet connection selling things. Its very convenient for me because as we all know, internet connection is a must in every home as possible. It can be used for studies and works. So i have a better chance of reaching out for more customers to sell more. Internet gives me a lot of profit. I use it well i can say.

3. Lynn Fowler

Lynn Fowler New Member

I think I'm tied to my computer (and to the internet) by an umbilical cord! I'm a writer and independent publisher, and I run a number of web sites. All of those things involve being online for a large chunk of most days. I also work one morning a week writing grant applications for a local charity, a job which - you guessed it! - is mostly done online.

You'd think that, having spent most of my working day online, I'd get off it for my down time in the evenings. But, no - most of my evenings are spent interacting on social networking sites, some of which is promotion for my writing and business, but most of which is just fun.

Oh, and there's a certain online game that keeps grabbing me by the ears and dragging me back ... ;)

4. myblogger

myblogger New Member

We use internet for so many reasons like for business, work, research and other important use of internet. We use internet to search something we do not know and with the help of google we find it. Internet are very important today because it has many use in many things. We use internet to do our job or business, internet are great impact to businesses because you need to be online to promote your business and all of these are possible with the use of internet. We use internet to connect to other people in the world, we can communicate them with thru internet. Internet use by many people for many reasons like business or for research because of this some people can have work using internet. Nowadays internet use for work, businesses uses internet to grow their business. Some entrepreneur uses internet to promote their products online and because of internet lot of people can see their products and later bought their products. Internet is very important to different people like students, employees, business man. They use it to do their job accurate and possible. Students uses internet to research for their projects and thesis. Employee uses internet to their job or do extra job to earn money. Internet are important to businesses like call center they use to perform their transactions online every businesses now depending on internet to their transactions. Internet uses for communications like facebook, instagram, tweeter or youtube. Most of us using internet to commnunicate with our love ones abroad. We use internet like facebook to check our friends online and because of the internet we can communicate our friends even they are in abroad. Internet is the great inventions ever, this is the best inventions that man created.

5. Shixmel

Shixmel New Member

I have an online shop so I spend a lot of time on the internet. I also love playing online games such as ' Words with Friends '. Once in a while I do online jobs,and this helps supplement my income.

6. Im_Gervin

Im_Gervin New Member

I use it for a lot of things. Listen to music, checking the news. Watching online and communicating through e-mail and social media. Now the thing that why I really use and liking the internet is about learning. There are thousand of lessons for free on the internet. You don't actually to pay a single cent just to learn new skill. For example you can learn how to speak japanese, korean, german and so many other more. Some people say that internet is a waste of time but that is because they still didn't look for the bright side.

Most of the people use the internet for entertainment and I am one of them. I really enjoy watching anime, korean dramas and english/japanese movies online. But entertainment isn't actually limited to videos. I also like reading articles, blogs and news online. Not only it boost my reading skills but it also boost my writing skill as well.

7. tonnie

tonnie New Member

The internet, (net) is a wealth of information, sometimes formation not forgetting entertainment. I have used internet in my school to study and collect information for my term papers. Up until some few minutes back i was using the internet for entertainment, that is to view movies in youtube.

Out of the classwork, I find the internet resourceful especially when I need some guidance in my never ending hobbies like when I want guidelines on how to construct my chicken coop.

8. Meryemm

Meryemm New Member

I have been using the internet for a long time now and I can say I am totally addicted to it.
    I come from an African country, where English is not even the second language, so the first thing I did, using the internet, was learning English.
    The moment I felt I was fluent in English, I started using the internet to study, making sure to google everything in English.
    And now I use the internet to make money! It's a great source for extra income.
    Other reasons for using the internet are communicating with friends and family and watching movies and series, and keeping up with what's going on with the world.

9. tonnie

tonnie New Member

Before this I was really bored, now I can stretch my figures as well as mind. Is that not reason enough to love the net? My government is also trying to choke me if I fail to file returns online and I must, is that not a way to use it?

10. pmusee

pmusee New Member

Internet is currently running the world. Business sectors are currently using internet at a very high rate for productions and communications. Personally, I am a freelancer and that means that internet is a core thing in my job. Despite the jobs I am doing with the internet, 80% of the communications i make are through internet. I would imagine how the world could have been without the internet being connected to our devices, pathetic, right? It is serving almost everything and I would comfortably say that not only me but the world can not do without the internet.

11. momshyanitz

momshyanitz New Member

I think that I can't live without the internet. The Internet is widely used because it makes our lives easy and simple. The most important uses of the internet are for educational purposes. We can now do online courses to help improve our writing and communication skills. I used to have a home based online job teaching English to Koreans, Chinese and Japanese students. Home-based jobs are becoming more popular nowadays, so people need to have a stable internet to succeed in this career. My children also use it for project research, help them do their homework and have some online tutorials.
    I also use the internet to do some online shopping because I think that it is a hassle-free task and almost anybody can order products online. It is very convenient because we can see price comparisons with other websites and even get huge discounts from different companies. I think that buying online is safe as long as you shop from trusted websites.
    In my opinion, the internet is the most effective and the best communication tool. We can use Skype, chat messengers and social media to connect with our friends, relatives, and colleagues. It is convenient, free and a fast way to communicate with people especially our relatives abroad.
    Lastly, the best thing about using the internet is the growing online banking trend which is a very helpful tool in handling our daily transactions, budgeting and money management. We can now make use of different websites, mobile apps that provide Internet banking.

12. RoseKaizer

RoseKaizer New Member

We all know that internet can do anything with just one click, we can monitor what happen in our country without watching on television or reading it on a newspapers. We can communicate easily with our love ones and many more.

As for me I used internet everyday, I used to communicate with my family. I used internet to open my social media accounts like facebook, instagram and twitter. I also used internet to make my freelance online job.

13. Julian8207

Julian8207 New Member

The Internet is one of the greatest creations and gives everyone in the world with Internet access instant access to an endless supply of knowledge and entertainment. Below is a complete list of all of the advantages of the Internet.

As mentioned earlier, the Internet contains an endless supply of knowledge and information that allows you to learn about almost any topic or question you may have. Using a search engine like Google, you can ask virtually any question and find a web page with an answer to that question. There are also millions of videos on sites like YouTube that help explain various topics and even online courses that can be taken to help teach you about many different subjects.

14. Madmanx

Madmanx New Member

The internet for me is mainly something to spend my free time on. I use it to relieve stress by doing a number of things such as: watching videos, playing games, reading ebooks and so on. Of course, that's not the only reason I use the internet, however it is the main one. I also love meeting new people, so social medias are definitely helping me with that. Let's not forget learning new things too, there's an infinite amount of information that allows you to learn pretty much everything, so that's quite useful too.

15. Hafeez Ullah

Hafeez Ullah New Member

Internet is a nice medium to connect with the entire World. People use it as a medium to connect with other people, sharing files, entertainment, information and lots of other activities that are useful and beneficial in many terms. While browsing internet I found many websites which are useful in many ways. Some of them are Google, Facebook, NYTimes, Reditt etc.

Communication is another way to use internet. I connect via other through various IM services likeGtalk, Skype, and Yahoo messenger. There are lots of other services through which people send messages.

From office to schools, from business person to college students everyone can send files through internet. This is an essential part of our students life. These file are send through internet. I use various mail services like Gmail,Yahoomail, AOL, and Hotmail etc to send files.

It’s either latest news or cricket match score, I love to surf internet to get a live update of any news. Websites like Rediff, NYTimes, Gawker are a quick news providing websites.

16. BrevinSittoni

BrevinSittoni New Member

The internet is just part of my life and no day passes without me accessing it. Actually it's hard for me to survive without the internet literally. I use the internet for various reasons.
    a) It's a source of my part time income
    b) I do a lot of school research and this wouldn't be possible without the internet
    c) The internet has proven to be greatest source of information, I keep myself up to date on various things.
    d)The internet makes it possible to connect to various people and great range of opportunities.
    e) Last but not least , I use the internet for entertainment, ranging from my social media handles to YouTube.

17. Ben Benny

Ben Benny New Member

Internet is all that i need because i use it in doing most of my things.I use the internet for getting news,getting new information,I socialize with my friends and family through the internet,I watch videos over the internet and browse alot of important information that i need.

Internet has become so addictive to it's users but i believe it has made things much easier,life has become easier with the internet.

18. jess

jess New Member

We can do a lot of things using internet.Nowadays internet is one of a must have in every home.I do research for my kids homework using internet.I purchase goods online.Everytime I am bored I watch Youtube.I contact my Family using Facebook.Internet is part of whatever I do everyday.

19. MelanthaKrasos

MelanthaKrasos New Member

Internet has brought wide-ranging opportunities, not just for company owners but as well as for those who wish to earn an extra income. Before I started my freelancing career, internet is mostly used for visiting social media sites. Facebook and Messenger are two important application I can't get rid of. Now, I used internet for a variety of purpose. I used it either for sending and receiving messages, as well as in earning an extra penny while on a holiday. I used internet as a researching tool for my regular job, it's a good pick most specially if you need to research something about school. Most answers to question can now be search through internet. Aside from that, I get to download movies and music I liked for entertainment purposes.