IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

From Being an Outdoor Person to Being an Indoor Person

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by gtdoss, Oct 1, 2017.

1. gtdoss

gtdoss New Member

I used to love being outside! The sun, the trees, the grass -- I loved it all! I loved playing softball, tennis, kickball, any game that would get me out of the house. I also enjoyed camping and hiking and actually hiked around the foothills of Georgia for a week with some friends of mine. However, this love for the outdoors changed when I developed some bad allergies.

When I was about 30 or so, I started having allergy and asthma symptoms, which I'd never had before. My coughing and sneezing would get out of control whenever I would go camping or hiking. Activities such as softball and tennis had to be curtailed because I just couldn't stay outside long enough to enjoy these sports.
    Finally I've gotten to a place where I can't stay outdoors for more than two hours before I feel like my lungs are closing up. The medications the doctor has prescribed have made it a little more manageable, but I've definitely been ham-stringed when it comes to being outdoors.

Do you enjoy being out in nature and have you been unable to enjoy it because of allergies or asthma?

2. Liezeliezel

Liezeliezel New Member

I really enjoy doing outdoor activities, like running, hiking, and camping, but, life happens. When I'm 17 years old, I was diagnosed with Pleural Effusion due to Pneumonia, because of that, I need to stop going to school for one whole year. I need to rest, to gain the weight that I'd lost, and to be healthy again. After a year, I started to go to school again, but, my life will never be the same, I developed anxiety, I become introvert and I'm not active as before.

As much as I enjoy the outdoors, to be with nature and see the picturesque views, my health, and my anxiety restrict me from doing what I love. But for the past few months, I luckily landed a job online that gives me an opportunity to know more about the outdoors, but sadly, the site I'm working with has been shut down since last week. Because of my health, I become an indoor person and I can't even get a regular job, because of that, I become a freelancer and doing some work online.

3. Liz Wangare

Liz Wangare New Member

This a really interesting topic since the two indoors and outdoors almost have same benefits depends on an individual. Been an indoors person I cannot ignore advantages of outdoors from enjoying the nature through nature walks, swimming, hiking, travelling and others. Also a chance to interact and meet other people which can help in personal growth and probably career growth.

Unfortunately, some of the outdoors activities can be expensive too and may require one to spare some few notes to accomplish the same.And that is why some people would prefer been indoors on that Christmas Eve and other occasions that one prefer the outdoor. And spare the notes for some other basic needs rather than having an adventure. But once in a while, it helps one in taking a break from the normal life cycle of life.

Whereas been an indoor person there is also a lot an individual can gain from spending less and still get to spend more personal time with family members, without much interactions after busy life schedules of normal life. Also one can be able to manage own health by healthy cooking and doing exercises example Yoga. One can also develop themselves by maybe reading articles. Also saving in sometimes unnecessary spending and many others.What do you my fellow freelancers think?

4. MSY222A

MSY222A New Member

I used to have allergies quite badly in the spring and fall. Then I started taking the herbal supplement echinacea as recommended by a friend of mine. I still have allergies but the effects are greatly diminished now. I rarely sneeze or get congested. It has been years since I had a sinus infection. I can even play with the cat without setting off a sneezing attack. It might be something to consider taking. It sure has helped me!

5. bware

bware New Member

I'm an outdoor person, I really love to do some outdoor activities like swimming, mountain climbing and do some trees planting to help the environment. we used to do the trees planting since we become addicted to climb to some mountains here in our country. and also our group decided to do an outreach program every we decided to make an adventure trips. We help the community in the province by giving them some school supplies slippers or used clothes. We always include the outreach program every time we climb to the mountains or go to some islands for swimming.

6. DPhillips1981

DPhillips1981 New Member

I love the outdoors, especially during the spring and summer seasons. The indoors has become my domain due to my diagnosis. Unless I'm occupied and have things laid out for me, the outside is what I prefer. I like being able to go to different places, being adventurous. Amusement parks, parades, carnivals, festivals, cookouts in the park and just family good times outside is my type. Being in the inside pertaining to amusement is okay, but speaking from the being at home prospective. Its boring, irritating and I don't like it. I definitely have to find a good outcome for being in the house.