IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Fun Outdoor Activities

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by hatterasfish, Apr 15, 2015.

1. hatterasfish

hatterasfish New Member

There are a few outdoor activities that I really enjoy. One of those activities is hiking. There is a small trail by my house that I use at least once a week during the summer. I enjoy the fresh air and feeling the sun on my skin. The physical activity keeps me in shape and keeps me feeling good.

I also enjoy swimming at the ocean, but I only get to do that once a year. I live about three hours from the closest beach, but I usually go to a beach that is 7 hours away from me for vacation once a year.

What are your favorite activities, and why do you like those activities?

2. khadishacs

khadishacs New Member

Manhunt swimming track basketball football soccer

3. pippelboy12

pippelboy12 New Member

Skateboarding has always been near my heart. Sometimes I just go to hang to the skatepark all day with my friends.

4. Dinbanks

Dinbanks Member

I love to swim in a pool or in the ocean, play softball, and volleyball. Another fun activity I have come to love is just going to a scenic park or any place outdoors that has that beautiful postcard look and just sit in the middle of it all and meditate for 15 - 30 minutes. Talk about something that's therapeutic for the body and soul, that's the one for me.

5. geraldr777

geraldr777 New Member

I love the great outdoors. I usually spend my free time going to the beach, riding my mountain bike and hit the mountain trail. I am a morning person and mountain biking serves as my morning exercise. I feel blessed when i smell the fresh air and hear the peaceful sound of the nature.

6. hope7

hope7 New Member

I love to play bocce ball at my local park and picnic area. It's a popular game in Italy and Americans enjoy it just as well. I also like to play miniature golf on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore. I also like swimming and playing sand volleyball. Lawn games at barbeques are always fun too!

7. Wikdfury

Wikdfury New Member

I really enjoy kayaking. I have been a member of the Lansing Oar and Paddle Club for nearly 5 years and my daughter is the youngest member. She even has her own kayak now and it's the cutest thing ever!

8. Kumari

Kumari New Member

Outdoor activities are always fun and relaxing. Swimming is one of my favorite. When the weather is pleasant I love to walk on the beach or sit in the sand and watch the ocean waves. When we go for a vacation I love to do scuba diving and surfing. Playing volleyball, soccer, do fishing, hiking, trail running, walking the dog, watching the sky at night, watering the plants, playing golf, camping, horse riding, paragliding are some of the fun things to do outdoor. The list is endless and depends on person to person what they enjoy doing. No matter what outdoor activity you do but it's always fun and refreshing.

9. jillyan10

jillyan10 New Member

I live on the mountainside so hiking is one of the activities that I personally do especially during summer when I am not schooling. There is the so called Mount Pulag here in Cordillera Region, Philippines. It is the third highest peak here in our country and it has an elevation of 2922 meters. I have been there once and I am planning to visit there once again this summer vacation.
    The feeling when you reach the top is pretty amazing. You can see the sea of clouds and the sunrise early in the morning. It was something glorious scene to watch honestly. If you are planning to hike then always take with you first aid kit, knives, preserved foods and anything that you think is necessary if you get in trouble or have an accident in that event.

10. julie pelarski

julie pelarski New Member

I love the water and the smell of the summer grass. This is a view in the summer from the dock at our lake in MN.

Attached Files:

11. lizzips

lizzips New Member

My favorite activities are bicycling and hiking outdoors as well as running. I went bicycling in Fredricksburg, Texas years ago and had a blast on a 20 mile bike ride that was amazing outdoors in the hillcountry. I also hiked in the Virgin Islands and in Fredricksburg around the hills. That was alot of fun.

For running I go to parks that have trails or around my neighborhood. Walking is alot of fun at community park trails as well.

12. Arvis

Arvis New Member

Geocaching. I haven't tried it yet but from what I've heard it's a lot of fun and lets you explore and find places near you which you never knew existed! I'm waiting until the weather gets better so I can try it out. There are probably a lot of people on these forums already doing it.

In short, Geocaching is finding hidden treasure and putting some back. There are hidden spots all around the globe, the only place I can imagine without any spots would be North Korea. :p

13. wvboarder

wvboarder New Member

If you like the outdoors along trails and paths you should give geocaching a try. I just got into it last year but it's pretty fun and gives you a goal while outdoors. It's basically a treasure-less treasure hunt where you find a hidden container, sign your name, and leave it for the next person to try. They hide them everywhere and you even have the chance to make ones for yourself. They have an app that works with the GPS in your phone and leads you there through coordinates and hints. Sometimes someone will leave things for people to find like candy or glow-sticks near Halloween. It's really something to give a try if you haven't all ready. There are literally thousands to be found.

Other than that I like kayaking and biking but geocaching is more interesting.