IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Grammar and Punctuation Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Posting Tips' started by digitalsatori, Apr 17, 2015.

1. poster432

poster432 New Member

Wow! Thank you for posting this VERY informational guide on various grammar topics. I know that while posting on this forum, I will be using all of these tips to help me become a better writer overall.

Once again, thanks for this!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    KenBrace likes this.
  2. darkfran85

darkfran85 New Member

Excellent information, thanks for the tips and I hope we always help.

KenBrace likes this.
  3. tskier01123

tskier01123 New Member

This is great stuff, been reading through this and looking stuff up on the net. My worst problem is always commas. I never know where to put them or, I put them in the wrong place. At this point it's like aiming at the screen with a shotgun of commas and I just unload, but I'm trying to get better. Thank you for posting this, though, and everyone else with their tips. It's helpful for Luddites like myself!

4. Melaney Bridges

Melaney Bridges New Member

@digitalsatori

What is a dangling participle, and where and when is it used? A heated conversation arose between my friend and I after seeing a TV commercial last week and I haven't been able to get the topic out of my mind since. I Googled the definition and looked for ways to use it; trying to understand, but to no avail. Please correct my grammar if I typed anything wrong and assist me with my dilemma.

5. Enonche Kennedy Enonche

Enonche Kennedy Enonche New Member

I agree with you totally kimberlyD. I'll make a Home-school out of this thread yet.

I will appreciate it if the proper use of the colon:)) and semicolon(;) is explained.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  6. Sara88

Sara88 New Member

7. Sherihan

Sherihan New Member

Am still confused, so, to get my account verified, shall I make 10 posts, like the one Am writing now? will be considered 1 of the required 10?
    Or I shall create threads or subjects and wait the members to post comments on? and how to know if my account ha been verified?
    Thank you for your help

8. JeanBrewer

JeanBrewer New Member

Thanks for your question and for the answer, guys! The thread appeared to me in sooth helpful! I appreciate your clear explanations!Grammar should be always clear!