IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Have You Ever Done Meditation Outdoors?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Dinbanks, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Dinbanks

Dinbanks Member

I just recently got into meditation and have begun to experience the fact that there really are benefits to incorporating it into your daily life. As of yet I have not ever done meditation outdoors but have heard from many people that outdoor meditation has taken their meditation experience to another level. Along with the peaceful feeling it gives you, they also say that being outdoors and hearing the sounds of nature gives an intense feeling of our natural close relationship to nature.

Have you ever tried outdoor meditation and if so did you like it more than doing your meditation indoors?

2. ChattyCatty

ChattyCatty New Member

I don't do meditation, per se. What I do is diaphragmatic breathing, and stretching. I do find that when I employ my techniques outdoors, I gain additional benefits. Being outside in nature helps me to relax more quickly, because I enjoy the fresh air, sunshine, sounds of the birds, squirrels, and other animals. Even simply feeling the warmth of the sunshine on my skin induces a sense of calm, as I feel the tension leaving my body, which helps my mind to relax.

3. hooper24

hooper24 New Member

No i have not done meditation outdoor. It is hard to concentrate when you are outside because it is always noisy and that is why most people do meditation inside.

4. Shane

Shane New Member

Outdoor meditation is interesting. Wow, let me try it soon when I have time. I am stressful this week. Seems like I need a repose. There are numerous fascinating places in my area that are correlated with nature. I'll visit these areas soon and meditate there. The effect will unquestionably good because I'm a nature lover. I adore relaxing under the trees or beside the river. One year ago when I was doing a yoga regularly, I was just performing it at home. Quite boring right? Sooner, let me try a meditation outdoor. I guess, it is a pretty much relaxing.

KenBrace likes this.
  5. jillyan10

jillyan10 New Member

Meditation is something that most people adapted nowadays as a form of their daily exercises. Several forms of meditation acknowledged worldwide include transcendental meditation, vipassana meditation, Zen meditation, Taoist meditation, mindfulness meditation, and Buddhist meditation.
    I rarely do meditation personally, but I do believe that it has many benefits for us. It clears our mind, reduces our stress, relaxes our body, make us feel complete and more. You can do meditation anywhere as long as you can find peace there. You can do it at home, at your office in your workplace, outside your house, in the wilds, at the beaches and others.
    I do cardiovascular exercises more like jogging, running and biking because I intend to lose excessive fat in my body and build my stamina. Whatever the form of exercise you personally do as long as it affects you positively then that is always a good thing for you to do.

6. Kumari

Kumari New Member

Yes, I have done meditation outdoors and it's the best way to meditate surrounded by Mother Nature. Meditation is a great form of exercise for mind and soul. If you have the habit of meditating everyday it relieves stress and makes you feel happy. Meditating outdoors is a great idea. Sitting outside and meditating while listening to the sounds of water, birds chirping and wind blowing will give immense pleasure and satisfaction. I love to meditate and like to do when it's quiet and peaceful.

For me the best place to go to meditate is the beach and that too early in the morning when there are hardly any people. Going to the beach early morning when it's quiet and peaceful atmosphere, not much chaos and meditating there is an awesome feeling. You can hear the sound of the ocean, cool breeze touches your body helps to focus better while meditating. Meditating at the park is also one of the best outdoor options.

7. sabrina

sabrina New Member

Being that I live in a noisy community I am not capable of meditating outside. I have distractions like vehicles, children, construction sites and animals. Everything that makes noise that will deprive me so I dont even try.

8. Chibee Gordon

Chibee Gordon New Member

With the responses, it could be gathered that, to an extent, meditation is done in a quiet place or somewhere with a consistent noise pattern like the beach.

I have recently plunged into meditation owing to the calming effects it has on the soul and mind. My mind is always active bringing image from past memories, associating it with present scenes, linking songs to past experiences, deducing people's character, noting the wrong signboards or even what people shouldn't have said when they say them. This could blot out good inspirations and ideas or I might not identify them when they come. Meditation helps me to get my mind to the initial decorum I so creave for.

With this state of mind, I usually prefer meditating outdoors, especially at places that use to be noisy. This could work with everyone. There is a special soothing effects gotten from being in a calm place that is originally meant to be noisy. Like the beach in the early morning hours, the pack too, the school hostels during vacation, the school playground after school hours and many more. You can pick!

So yes, I have done meditation outside and it's the best. But only when it's usually quiet.