IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Have you ever enjoyed a movie that is not marketed to your sex?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Fergus1234, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Fergus1234

Fergus1234 New Member Administrator

I am usually a typical guy when it comes to movies. I usually love action movies, buddy comedies and horror movies. I usually don’t like movies that are catered to women like romance and drama but there are these gems that are genre defying for me.

There are these movies that are created for women but I enjoyed watching them. I enjoyed Maleficent even though it is an adaptation of a Disney Princess Classic because of the dark edginess it has. The plot twist in the end also surprised me because it is not what I expected. The movie also has some action packed scenes which you will not expect to see in a chick flick.

My sister usually hates action movies that are violent but she did tell me that she enjoyed watching 300. She usually likes Romantic comedy movies but she is really fond of the movie 300 that she watched it more than Twice and she purchased Gerald Butler poster weeks after she watched the movie.

2. alyssa_nicole017

alyssa_nicole017 Member

Yes. I was told by many people that Don't John was not a movie for women. I finally watched it and found it hilarious. But like everyone said, it was not meant for women.

3. Mercurry22

Mercurry22 New Member

Yes, I really enjoy the Jackass movies. They're always good for a laugh. They seem to be marketed more toward men, but as a woman, I still find them hilarious. The gross things don't bother me too much. Some of the things they managed to do and get away with were unbelievable. It is a miracle there weren't so many serious injuries.

4. light1988

light1988 New Member

well i love all kinds of movie if its good i'll watch it don't really care if its for women are not. Movies should be enjoyed so that's what i'm doing

5. NIMO

NIMO New Member

I guess you can say I am a different type of girl, because I love action movies. I am pretty big on fantasy sci fi type movies. It holds so much appeal to me