IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Have you ever fallen prey of fake news?

Discussion in 'News' started by Florence, Aug 10, 2018.

?

What do you use commonly when following current affairs of your place?

1. Telephone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Television

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Florence

Florence New Member

If you are user of social media definitely you've ever bumped on that "breaking news" kind of a thing or else a job advertisement that seems too much of mind awakening regarding the payments.

My friend how do you know if a certain news popping in your phone or computer is fake?First you need to check on which domain they have been published from,is it a trusted domain or not.Alternatively check from other sources like television or radios especially those news concerning deaths of major celebrities,politicians or media personalities.

2. Olaf

Olaf New Member

I know initially the term 'fake news' was specifically looking at misinformation that was spread online, but propaganda goes back years and years. The thing that has changed is technology and the way information is shared, specifically on social media.

People often share articles just by reading the headline and without even reading it. It is easier to sustain something which is misleading with such a short amount of information and it can spread very fast and very widely. The biggest issue is 'fake news' has become a term that people use when they disagree with something in the news, particularly politicians.

This has changed the relationship we have with news generally, and with information and what we trust and so forth. I believe we've all been victims of fake news at one point or another @Florence.

Florence likes this.