IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Honestly how many of us drink eight glasses of water everyday?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Mwazaule, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Mwazaule

Mwazaule New Member

Myself I drink less than four glasses of water everyday. A doctor would probably scold me a lot for this. The recommended amount is above eight glasses per day right? So how many of us take that much amount of water?

2. Garaabae

Garaabae New Member

Life came from water, according to the scientists-the first land dwellers came out of the sea. Water also gives life to all living things. the doctor who said:"drink eight glasses a day" meant it as a guide. The body needs to be hydrated all throughout the day. People are different athletes and gym buffs drink more water. The body needs hydration to flush out the toxins in our system and water is the best cleanser there is. The trick is to condition your mind to drink as much as you can to stay hydrated all day, bring a water bottle on trips or have a water can within reach inside your room. Good health is a force of habit.

3. ArtX

ArtX New Member

I have never reached 8 glasses of water a day, and don't believe that it is that simple. If you drink tea, eat fruit and good food but don't overdo the coffee (3 or 4 cups), then I think your total intake will probably be equal to 8 glasses.

4. ally79

ally79 New Member

I am getting pretty close to eight glasses of water a day, although I don't make it every single day. I have found that the more water you drink the more water your body will crave. That makes it easier to drink more water as time goes on.

5. dumptyd

dumptyd New Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  6. shygal

shygal New Member

I never measure how much water that I drink throughout the day, but I drink whenever I feel thirsty or my lips feel dry. I also drink enough water until my urine is either light yellow or clear. I have a water bottle that I fill up with water and sip on from time to time, but have never been consistent with it to be honest although I probably should.

7. Topkat48

Topkat48 New Member

This something I have a hard time doing, I'm getting better with it, cause my fiancé drinks more than eight a day and he helps me to remember to drink water as much as possible, so really how many people really drink eight glasses a day.

8. brn12

brn12 New Member

I also drink about 3 glasses a day. To me is very hard because due to my lack of physical activity, I seldom feel thirsty. I always forget to drink water and when I remember it, I want to drink like 2 glasses at a time, which is hard.

My face is becoming fat and I've read that it could be because of the lack of water. We should change our bad habit, you made me think about my health with this post.

9. Ankisha

Ankisha New Member

The notion of drinking eight glasses of water a day is used just as a guideline, it is not based on scientific evidences. Every person has a different body, and their fluid intake requirements are also different.

The point is that you should keep a balance between the amount of water, that you lose and intake, throughout the day. Our bodies keep losing fluids continuously, through urinating, breathing, and we should drink enough water to compensate that loss.

I drink enough water to keep myself well hydrated and that's not eight glasses a day. Hope you will soon figure out the ideal amount of water that your body actually needs.

10. ashaffer98

ashaffer98 New Member

I actually drink more than eight glasses a day. The most glasses of water I drank in one day was twelve. I get dehydrated easily and I live in a hot climate so that probably has to do with it.

11. jeanette havekotte

jeanette havekotte New Member

Strange enough your body gets used to the amount of water you drink and being a bit of an aquaholic myself, I need to have a sparkling glass in front of me all the time. I don't leave the house without a bottle on me. I know I rinse out my poisons, never have head aches, keep my waight level and don't get ill.

12. xXTHEICEXx

xXTHEICEXx Member

I am a diabetic so I have to drink water. I drink maybe more than 8 cups a day because I get dehydrated easily. There is other factors that come to play like lack of insulin, eating sweets, or not drinking water for long length of time. I make sure I drink water after I wake up, during eating, and going out.

13. Isaiah Guto

Isaiah Guto New Member

Honestly, it is a challenge following the strict rules of drinking water although it is vital in our bodies. Personally, I never count the number glasses of water I consume every day, but it a considerable amount. I agree with Shygal who said that she never counts the number of glasses of water she drinks on daily basis.

In a nutshell, I drink water when I am Thirsty or whenever I remember that it is important to be drinking it all the time. I think it is punitive to be counting the number of glasses consumed.

14. Rahul Taware

Rahul Taware New Member

I do not count how much water I drink, but I think I drink a lot of water. I do not drink full glass of water at once. I drink small part of glass filled with water and drink it like that may be 20 or more times in a day. Quiet a few times I drink full glass of water.

Drinking a lot of water is good for health as it maintains body temperature and removes toxins from your body. I suggest you to drink water once every hour, don't drink too much at once instead drink little but in regular intervals.

15. ngige

ngige New Member

8 glasses amount to two liters of water. If you put water into a two liter bottle then i'm sure that by the end of the day you'll have finished drinking the water.
    The reason why it looks to be such a hustle to drink the water is because you have to go back and forth filling your glass of water. Once you put your water in a two liter bottle then you'll be surprised that you can actually drink even more than two liters. Try it!

16. hmary

hmary New Member

I am really poor when it comes to drinking lots of water.I only drink water when thirsty,which rarely happens.If I had to drink eight glasses everyday then I would force myself some days.Eight glasses is just too much.

17. getnpaid

getnpaid New Member

I'm gonna be honest, I just can't do it. That's too much water for me to handle, but I won't say that I don't try. During the summer it get's real hot here in the Bahamas, so water is the main source to quench our thirst, but yet one of my preference is a nice tall cup of daiquiri, smoothie or even a slushy. If you've been to the Caribbean, you'd know what I'm talking about.

18. Alex Marasco

Alex Marasco New Member

I remember reasing about a study that showed that the whole "drink 8 cups of water a day" advice people say is actually false. Nothing bad will happen if you do drink that much, but it is not necessary.

Drinking water is important, but I really do not keep track of how many cups of water I drink. If I need to stay hydrated, I'll drink some water. If I am thirsty, I'll drink some water. I may drink more than 8 cups on occasion, but I don't think it really matters.

19. Decentlady

Decentlady New Member

I have inculcated the habit of drinking 3 L of water daily. I make sure I refill a litre bottle thrice (as a guide) and complete it. It has helped me tremendously. I suggest to all those who find it difficult to drink a set limit, to keep a litre bottle as a guide and sip frequently without waiting for feeling thirsty.

20. R.Schulz

R.Schulz New Member

Doesn't 8 glasses of water equal to about 4 bottles of drinking water? In my head it doesn't seem too overwhelming. It's just so much easier to reach for the pitcher of tea rather than the bottle of tasteless water. I do drink 1 full bottle of water when I first wake up. And I was drinking up to 5 bottles of water for about 2 weeks. During those 2 weeks I was constantly running to the bathroom. I really should go back to just water. It's much more healthier.