IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How Do You Make Your Body Retain Water?

Discussion in 'Health' started by BubbaBen, Jun 17, 2018.

1. BubbaBen

BubbaBen New Member

I've had a lot of experiences with getting ill because of dehydration. The most outstanding incident is having a seizure in the middle of NYC. I still get dehydrated really easily, but I feel like I drink a lot of water. How do you keep from being dehydrated when you already drink enough water?

2. pinocchio

pinocchio New Member

Could it be that you are drinking lots of water, but within a short time period? One thing I do, especially in summer, to avoid this is drink during the night regularly. It helps you enjoy your day so much more when you wake up hydrated and energetic. I guess it takes getting used to though. If you wake up dehydrated, drinking even ten bottles of water during the day won't help if the following night you don't drink for another 8-22 hours again.

3. khris

khris New Member

Do you move a lot or do you sweet, if that's the case then try adding your water consumption. Sweating too much keep our body dehydrated but if you are not something but still you feel dehydrated I suggest you to consult your doctor cause that not normal.

4. Florence

Florence New Member

Just as my friend Pinocchio.. Evening intake of drinks is more better.If you are a lover of fruits too,try as much as possible to take in fruits with lots of water like watermelons or mangoes. If they are in season.

5. Margaret Nyambura

Margaret Nyambura New Member

How is your sodium consumption? Try consuming foods with a bit of sodium, this will help you be hydrated. Should balance the intake since excessive intake of sodium may lead to a lot of water bieng retained in the body which may cause bloating.

Some of the high sodium foods include frozen meat, canned soup, deli meat, pasta sauce, cereals, vegetable juices, canned beans, chips and vegetables.