IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How has social media helped you?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Janae Mitchell, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Janae Mitchell

Janae Mitchell New Member

Especially during this tough time where we must social distance, how has social media helped you maintain your friendships and communicated with family?

If it wasn't for social media, social distancing would be extremely difficult for me. I'm able to text and share memes/pictures with my friends and communicate like normal. Being in quarantine still isn't easy, but social media has made it much easier than it would be without it.

2. I. C. Ezeokoli

I. C. Ezeokoli New Member

Interestingly enough, social media during all this social distancing hasn't really helped me connect with people any more than I usually do. What I mostly use social media for now is posting about my stories and blog. Before school closed down, I already posted about that stuff, but now I have more time to plan out what I'm posting and make it better quality.

But honestly, the social distancing kind of worsens my communication with others. Now that I'm not seeing people all the time, I don't really think about shooting them a message or anything.

3. Clifford

Clifford New Member

Social media helps me for a number of ways, including getting an informational and useful informations like my subscribed and favorite news page and some bulletin updates coming from a reputable industries. It also helps me to socialize virtually, in order to relieve my anxiety, depression and loneliness and some just just to release an accumulated emotions through posting on my wall or status. It also helps me get to know other people deeply and consciously by having a glimpse look at their statuses or tweets and by directly going to their profile page to get to know more about them deeply. It also broaden my perspective about the places that I should visit because some pages provide an enticing infomation that anyone should no be missed on.

4. cyan

cyan New Member

I already have a large ammount of internet friends, so I'm not experiencing a lot of changes now. As we are all isolated, we got to spend more time chatting and playing online games, so that's actually a improvement.
    Besides that, I miss my boyfriend very much. If it wasn't for the social media all videocall apps, all of this would be really hard.

5. cherriefic

cherriefic New Member

Social media helps a lot since friends and family can be easily contacted. It's also where the town officials posted updates about what's happening about the pandemic. They also announce when they will give away something. Even if we don't go out from our houses, we are still getting updates on what's happening.

It can also be a good source of news and other information. If you don't watch TV like me, you know what I mean. Sometimes it's better to just see it from your wall instead of watching the full broadcasting. You can also order some food delivery from groups since people are also selling online still. I prefer to buy from them so that I can also help them to earn something during these times.

6. Eunbi Jung

Eunbi Jung New Member

Social media helps me in a lot of ways. I use social media sites to communicate with people I love, especially during these days of quarantine and physical distancing. These social media sites also helped me study even without physical resources such as books, and has effectively helped me cope with the different lessons in our school.

On the other hand, social media has also affected my social health, caused me anxiety, and even affected my physical health. Therefore I can say, social media caused me destruction and was helpful to me too, at the same time.