IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How long do you think desktop computers will survive?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by AbelBark89, Mar 3, 2018.

1. AbelBark89

AbelBark89 New Member

edit

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Desktop computers have been in existence since the 1980's. From personal experience,this computers have been used widely at home settings for use by a single user,especially in office settings. However, in the near future may be considered outdated. This is as a result of the production of laptop computers which have numerous advantages. Most outstanding is their portability which makes the access of information possible from anywhere in the world.

However, I think whether we shall be able to live without the desktop PC will depend on what we want to do. For example,gamers will forever prefer desktops for the ultimate gaming experience compared to laptop PCs.I was actually talking to an architect I met in an electronics shop,who was insisting insisting on buying a desktop over a laptop. His answer was,"AutoCAD Software runs better on the desktop than on laptops ". So as technology advances,people will continue buying more laptops but I don't think desktops will become extinct.

3. Isaactimothy

Isaactimothy New Member

Desktops have existed for quite a long time and from my opinion, they will not be extinct anytime soon. In our current generation, technology is arguably the number one sector that is evolving at a very high rate where devices such as computers are becoming much common and achieving high effectiveness while maintaining simplicity. Laptops of the current generation are becoming more portable, easy to use, and effective in terms of performance which makes them more preferable by the majority. However, desktops still outperforms the laptops in certain areas such as high general performance, high processing speed, and being easy to repair. Organizations, institutions, banks, and businesses prefer desktops over laptops due to their advantages. It is from this high demand that desktops will still be in existence for many years to come.

4. I_like_forums

I_like_forums New Member

I don't think that desktop computers will go away. They have better cooling than laptops as their enclosure is much bigger, for one. Also, many gamers prefer desktops as they can build them themselves with parts of their choice, which end up making a more powerful computer than most laptops. This is desirable for gaming and applications that need a more powerful computer.