IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

How many hours do you sleep?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Papa_s, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Papa_s

Papa_s New Member

I feel like this is something that will vary greatly depending on people’s age and situation. I tend to sleep around 9-11 hours if I don’t have an alarm but it depends — some nights I can’t fall asleep for hours and end up sleeping less.

2. Clifford

Clifford New Member

It depends on the kind and amount of activities I have done for a particular day. Sometimes I sleep over 10 hours a day if I don't have much anything to do in that particlar day. And sometimes as well I got to sleep for and 8 hours if I have more things to be done in that particular day.

3. Terezia

Terezia New Member

Yes, it depends on age. I usually sleep 8-9 hours. I need it, because I can do my works on the best way after sleeping such amount of time. It has a positive effect for mental health.

4. Girl19

Girl19 New Member

I sleep an average of 8-9 hours a day. It is much more important at what time you sleep than how many hours.

5. ube

ube New Member

I usually sleep around 7.5 hours, which isn't ideal, but at least I reach the minimum! I do stay in bed for eight hours, but I often find that I either can't sleep or wake up too early. Nonetheless, I usually get up pretty refreshed, which is the most important thing to me. I haven't been able to wake up any later than 9 am, so I always go to sleep relatively early to ensure that my body gets enough rest.

6. danielnicaa

danielnicaa New Member

Normally I sleep 6 hours, but now I sleep more, because here is so hot and I don't want to get up. I feel lazy all the time. I hope soon I will be more productive.

7. SureelTex

SureelTex New Member

Depends, I try at least 8 with the hopes of 10. Sleep is underrated and without you can develop mental and physical issues which most cannot be fixed. People like to brag about how little sleep they get, really they’re just killing themselves and making their lives shorter.

8. Farmtech

Farmtech New Member

Depending on how hard I worked, I sleep for 6-8 hours per day. Every one just have to find a range that is comfortable for them; but without being lazy.

9. Elliot

Elliot New Member

Wow, I almost feel bad for admitting this since it's going to be lowest up here. The typical amount I sleep for is about 5 hours although, to be fair, I do nap occasionally during the day so I'm not too bad. I do sleep a little longer once the school year begins when there's a need for routine. It just gets a lot harder to stay consistent and sleep for a sane amount of hours when there isn't much planned during the summer.

10. Rohitrr45

Rohitrr45 New Member

I usually sleep around 8 hours. I think that is the ideal sleep hours everyone should have. Being sleepless or sleeping for more time is not good. It affects your ability to work the following day. You will become lazy and also you cannot concentrate on what you are doing.

Also we should keep in mind the poem-
    Early to bed
    Early to rise
    Keep you
    Healthy
    Wealthy
    And wise.