IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How often do you buy a new phone?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by MrThoughter, Jun 13, 2018.

1. MrThoughter

MrThoughter New Member

I'm actually updated to tech news, specifically to Android smartphones. Every time I see new flagship smartphones, I get the urge to buy a new one. But I deeply know in my mind that my current phone can do what I need and what I want. My current phone still performs excellently and there's no need to buy a new one. Thus, it's always my decision to buy a new phone when my current phone cannot satisfy my needs anymore, i.e. work and communication purposes.

2. TaguroPart3

TaguroPart3 New Member

When my current smartphone dies, I'll buy a new phone. I would be using my smartphone as long as it is alive and can still keep up with the current the current applications. I do not have much money to buy smartphone just whenever I want to buy one. I wish I could but to make my the most of the money I spent on one, I choose the best smartphone I could fine and hope that it would last for years. My last smartphone survived upto 3 years and it was great. Now, my phone has good specification but isn't durable. My fingerprint scanner and power button died too early and I now have to buy a new smartphone as it makes me uncomfortable.

3. Shenqui

Shenqui New Member

I probably won't buy a new phone for a long, long while.

My current phone is pretty good, although it's network-locked since it came with a promotion for my phone line. It doesn't matter anyway since the phone is dual-sim and would work even if only one of the sim cards belonged to the network I have a plan with. I'm usually careful with my phone, and given my track record with my older phones, it'll last another three to five years.

My average replacement time for phones is about four years, but I've held onto some phones for longer.

4. I_like_forums

I_like_forums New Member

I pay monthly with Verizon and I have a contract. So I end up upgrading my phone about every two years since it's not really a big financial burden to do so.