IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How often should one go to church?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Gichanga, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Gichanga

Gichanga New Member

I have a christian background and I was a good church goer when I was younger.

However, when I joined college things changed. Despite being surrounded by churches it have been approximately two years since I last visited a church

2. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

As often as one can as long as the purpose for attending is within the parameter of understanding the necessity for doing so on a regular basis. Scriptures state that we should congregate, and so we should, as scripture is God breathed. Attendance however should still be based on a often as one can where spiritual guidance is centered as its purpose.

Gichanga likes this.
  3. Gichanga

Gichanga New Member

Thanks a lot Mailman, I must admit, quoting the scripture is quite inspirational.

I happened to attend a Church service yesterday and it was a game changer. At first I felt out of place but the Grace of God was sufficient enough even for me. Thank you once again.

4. Kerri Pippen

Kerri Pippen New Member

Truthfully church is a place to fellowship with other like-minded people. You know how single people tend to hang with other single people, this is done because hanging out with married people can be a bit overwhelming, married people cannot do what single people do. The church can be a place to seek spiritual guidance, however, it is also a place where one can find people rooted in the same beliefs and desires.

5. Cherry

Cherry New Member

The Bible States that we should never despise the gathering of the brethren and as such I believe we should always be in church.

Personally, I'm always in church at least thrice weekly that's when I'm a bit busy but daily when less busy but averagely a good Christian should be in church thrice weekly.

6. Lucie Wairimu

Lucie Wairimu New Member

According to my believe,I think church should be a place where one visits oftenly.As a christian one believe is that a church is a holy place and a dwelling place of God.Going to church oftenly to seek God`s intervention therefore is a good way of living one`s life.

7. nagesh

nagesh New Member

It is a good practice to go to church every day. Every one of us need divine grace to live a happy and prospers live.Going to church will fill a person with God's energy in overflowing capacity. Go everyday who knows one day an angel come down and bless you, one can afford to miss a football match but not a Church visit. Always be in his mighty presence he will take care of your daily needs.

8. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

I admit that I do not attend as regular as I should as I am at a stage where studying scripture is of most importance, and I do not have to attend assembly to do so. I am used to doing so on a daily basis at home and I actually do read scripture religiously. I however still place a lot of value in assembly. It is the seed of spreading the gospel, and will always be connected and recognized as an important aspect of complete worship.

9. W130SN

W130SN New Member

I think it really depends on how often you want to go. If you believe in God, then do you really believe he/she/it will punish you for not going?
    If you feel better and more positive going to Church, then try to go more often, if you don't have strong faith and don't receive any benefit from going to Church then it will probably be better for you to stop.

You can worship God in many ways and I think you need to do whatever you feel more comfortable doing, whether that is in Church or at home.