IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How to make sure your pet lives longer

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Shee303, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Shee303

Shee303 New Member

Pets are considered to be part of our families. We do love them and wouldn't love to lose them, at least not to death. Well, here are some of the tips on how to make sure you give your pet a long happy life.

1. Do not feed your pets leftovers. This could give your pet stomach up sets. Feed them proper diet with the required amount of calories.
    2. Make sure your pets exercise. Do not let your pets become obese since obesity will subject your them to so many killer diseases. At least walk them regularly.
    3. Make sure your pets see a veterinary often to give them the required vaccines and also monster their health status.

With the three tips, be sure to add a few years to your pet's life.

2. uroborosz

uroborosz New Member

I agree with everything you wrote, but I would add a few more advice regarding hygiene.

First of all, the dental care is very important, the plaque can lead to serious health issues. You can guarantee your pet's proper dental hygiene by brushing their teeth or buying dry food, chew bones (made of dried meat!) and chew toys. Another good alternative is giving them fruits and vegetables as snacks, for example, my dogs love carrots and apples.

I'd also like to mention the importance of grooming and bathing your pets, especially dogs. Removing the unpleasant smell and dirt from their coat will make them feel better and of course it will contribute to their health effectively.