IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How To serve The Lord Almighty God Better?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Germain MUHIRWA, May 29, 2015.

1. Germain MUHIRWA

Germain MUHIRWA New Member

I know to answer this question many would say, Pray pray, pray... some others would even add read, read, read the Bible. The others would even suggest this . "Help the Poor" and many more good ideas. But what does really feel to Better Serve The Lord Almighty God? The point I am trying to make here is how to fully devote your life to him? There should be a way to do so, and that is what I am looking for because I came out of those good ideas above because I do know their existence and even do practice them and above all have FAITH in The Lord Almighty God but still, I keep asking myself a better way to fully serve The Lord Almighty God. To clarify a little better what I am trying to mean here is "HOW CAN WE AS HUMAN BEINGS" FIGHT "The agents of the Evil spirit beings" that as you know cause we people do what the WORLD faces ....

2. Godsent

Godsent New Member

So you already know the answer, accept him as your lord and Savior first, and foremost, repent of your sin. Pray and read the Bible so that you will know how to withstand the enemy , and be obedient to his will in your life. I understand that it is hard to live in a fallen world and feel that it is impossible to beat the Enemy, but our battles have already beens defeated, when the lord die for us on the cross. God understands that our flesh is our worst enemy, but he grants us with Mercy and Grace each so that we may continue to strive toward his holiness. The bible says
    Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world (1Jhon:4.4). Do not let the enemy believe that he has won the battles of your life. Stay true to the word of God.
    Remember Satan tempted Jesus with the same temptation we face today, and Jesus overcame and stood firm with the word of God. We could also do the same.

3. jainish

jainish New Member

It does not matter which religion you belong to, be it christianity/hinduism/buddhism. All the religions teaches us the some thing. And the best way to serve the lord better is by following some simple basic principals in your life. By not harming/cheating any living creature for your material needs.

4. elisheva99

elisheva99 New Member

If you believe in the bible then there are plenty of scriptures that tell you that God wants us to follow his commandments. Even though most religions leave that out. From Matthew chapter 5 and the sermon on the mount all the way through Revelations the bible tells us, even in the New Testament that those that will be saved with be those who have faith in Jesus and follow the commandments. Jesus followed every commandment in the law, that's how he led a sinless life. For sin is transgression of the law. He did it so that those that have faith in him could do it to. For we know faith without works is dead.

5. arrhen fej

arrhen fej New Member

It is very simple! You must read the Bible to understand how to serve the Lord better. The bible gives us clear instructions in Proverbs about how we should behave and act towards him. He says in his word, in Psalms 145 that The LORD is near to all them that call on him, to all that call on him in truth.

6. EdgardoG

EdgardoG New Member

The bible clearly says it is not simple, there are 3 things that are always battling against us, the first one is our flesh which wants to sin all the time, we have to fight against it and follow our Spirit instead of the desires of the flesh.

The second one is satan, he is always trying to influence us into sinning, tempting us, putting obstacles in our way and trying to destroy us, we have to put on the Armor of God which means to be close to God, live in Holiness and rebuke Satan and his agents but without God's help we cannot prevail.

The third is the world which is the means satan uses to tempt us and make us sin, all three work together against us and we must fight them but to do so and prevail we need to be living In Holiness, walking with God and have the Holy Spirit with us.

To better serve God you need to do the things He likes and not do the things He does not like, so start by asking Him to help get rid of the things He does not like in your life, I assure He will, then when you have less things to get rid off, you start doing the things He likes you to do, at the end of the day all that will bring you closer to God until you are ready to give your life to Him and let Him live inside you and help you and guide you to live the live He wants for you, always put everything in God's hands and ask that His will always be above everything else in your life.

God bless.

7. shaneckawilliams

shaneckawilliams New Member

Many people may say that the answer to your question is very easy and I agree to a point. If you want to serve the Lord better follow his commandments. Now, I'm not just talking about the 10 commandments that we hear all the time, I'm talking about following the Torah. The books of the Old Testament were meant for instruction and it gives insight into how the Lord himself wants his people to worship him. Contrary to popular opinion the Torah is not just for the Hebrews or The Jews, it wasn't crucified to the cross with our Messiah, and the disciples of the Messiah did not abandon it after His resurrection. The Torah is for anyone who chooses to follow Yeshua (Jesus Christ). Think about this for a moment. There was no Bible as we know of it today, with the Old and New Testaments and a collective of the books of the prophets. There was one book that was taught and learned by Yeshua (Jesus Christ) and that was the Torah. Now think about this. Our Messiah was taught the Torah, He learned the Torah and listened to the Torah on the Sabbath day in the synagogue and when he started His ministry He taught people from the Torah.

What I am trying to tell you is that in order to follow our Messiah all you have to do is follow the Law, which was set forth in Exodus through Deuteronomy. With that being said I do not want to mislead you into thinking that the Law is salvation because it is not. The Law allows us to live a life that is pleasing to God. Only belief in Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is our salvation. The Law itself points us to Him because at some point in time we will sin but we look to our Messiah for mercy and forgiveness. From personal experience I can tell you that I felt closer to God keeping the Biblical Sabbath instead of the false sabbath of Sunday, eating kosher to the best of my ability and celebrating the holy feasts of the Bible.

I'm going to shed some light on you and tell you here and now that Easter, Christmas and Halloween are pagan holidays and were never meant to be celebrated by followers of Christ. Also, the God sanctified Sabbath day was moved to Sunday by the Catholic Church. Don't believe me? Do the research for yourself and tell me what you find. I am positive that what you find will turn your world upside down and make you question everything you were taught as a child and I can attest to this because I had to question every tradition and false doctrine in my faith walk. With that being said you mentioned good works. Good works are good but they alone will not bring salvation. You can do good works all day long but if you live a hellish life, with your heart far away from God then what do you gain? Nothing. In the Bible it mentions faith without works is dead. Your faith without good works is dead. You can tell people all day long "Your sins are forgiven thee go in peace" but if they are starving and can't feed their children your words are empty because you didn't give them the help they needed to continue in their faith walk. Give to the poor, hungry or downtrodden. Don't just minister to your fellow man, help them anyway you can.

I have one last question for you. If your parents gave you some rules would you obey them? Now, if God gave you the Torah for learning would you obey it? God is our heavenly father. If we love the father like we say we do then we will obey his commandments. Just like if you love your parents you will obey the rules and come home before midnight.

The last part of your question, "How can human beings fight the evil one?" The answer is this, you stand still (Exodus ch.14 v. 14), "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James ch.4 v. 7) and it really gets good in the book of Revelations. What you have to know is that the enemy has already been defeated. You haven't even stepped out unto the battlefield in your armor (Ephesians ch. 6 v. 10-18) and the battle is already won. In the book of Revelations that old serpent will be defeated and cast into hell with all his angels and those that worshiped the beast and those that repented not or believed. Do not fear the enemy or those that worship him because in the end he will be defeated. From the foundation of the world he was defeated so there is no need to fear evil. When you call upon the name of the Lord and have faith the power of the name will make demons flee. The Messiah and his disciples cast out demons and were not afraid, neither should you be because when you're with the Lord all things are possible and there's power in the name of Jesus.

8. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54 Member

My overall perspective on serving God better is basically improving yourself and your life. For example, when you go to church, you serve God because you are present in His home. Someone who seldomly attends church can serve God better by attending more often. Also, say you know a person whom you don't like at all. It could be a family member, an acquaintance, a co-worker, a teacher, a former partner, or a former friend. It's only natural for someone to talk badly about someone they strongly dislike. God does not want us to talk down about other people, no matter what our relationships with them are. You don't have to like a person, but he says to love everyone as He loves us. A way to serve God better in this aspect is to try to avoid talking down about them as much as possible. Also, just remain civil with your enemies, or just do not associate with them. Everyone goes through struggles, so pray for them to do better. Prayer always works when it comes to serving God.

9. mimi88jade

mimi88jade New Member

As a Catholic devotee and a believer, it is so hard to follow all the standards of God our Creator. If you have great faith it maybe a bit easier but for those who are swallow believer it will be very difficult to serve and please God. I once a black sheep, I once almost died but I asked God for help and he held me back. I can't still believe that I am still breathing now and having this abundant life with him. I do serve Him by serving and have pitty to the poor people not just material but to those people who are poor in faith. I do make a resolution almost everyday and to evaluate myself about my doings if it is aligned with God's plan and purpose.

10. Dachiraju Gautham Raju

Dachiraju Gautham Raju New Member

A humble and a servant attitude is the best way to serve the lord almighty god better. Knowing our true relationship with lord almighty and considering The lord Almighty to be the source of everything helps every individual to destroy the ignorance of false sense of proprietorship and serve the lord almighty in a transcendental way.