IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How well do you think your sun sign fits you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by IshieVonDyson, Apr 29, 2015.

1. IshieVonDyson

IshieVonDyson New Member

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but astrology always struck me as more philosophical rather than religious, so here goes.

I’ve never really gone in for daily horoscopes, as they’re just too general to have any personal meaning. However, once I started branching out into other aspects of astrology, I found it quite interesting. Have any of you looked into your sun sign and what it means?

I’m a Capricorn with my moon in Scorpio, and until recently I identified more with my moon sign. The moon’s placement in your birth chart is said to represent your emotional side, and I’ve been known to be pretty emotionally driven. To some extent this is still the case, but as I’ve grown older I’ve come to see more Capricorn traits in myself than ever before. I wouldn’t call myself old-fashioned, but I do have my traditions and rituals and I like to stick to them. We’re also supposed to be one of the most ambitious signs, which I never saw in myself, but I’ve come to realize it’s always been true in a subtle way.

SuperBlessy likes this.
  2. Artisana

Artisana New Member

I have been interested in astrology for many years. I have spent a lot of time reading books on various aspects of western and eastern astrology, and my personal research continues. I have studied my birth chart in detail, and I am amazed how accurate everything is, down to a point where I can see clearly in which direction I will be heading in the next few years. I can see the obstacles that might hinder my progress and the advantages that I should make use of.
    Like you, I don't display the typical traits of my sun sign. Neither do I feel exceptionally influenced by my moon sign. My ascendant is the driving force and overall energy that seems to manifest most strongly in my personal expression. In fact, my fellow astrology students are often intrigued to find out that I don't fit into any clear "category". I believe that none of us do. We are complex beings who inherit certain strengths and weaknesses at the time of our birth, and it's up to us to make the best of them.

3. Raven1194

Raven1194 New Member

I have also studied my birth chart and have found that mine is also really accurate. I, on the other hand have a lot of traits from Sagittarius, my sun sign. Most people feel like I am the epitome of a Sagittarius woman although Libra is my moon sign. I do believe that my ascendant has more of an effect on my personality and talents as well.

4. Vishesh

Vishesh New Member

I believe my sun sign does a good job indicating my general characteristics, mood etc. Although I believe that there are more accurate astrological ways to calculate your past, present and future the Sun Sign can give you a good general indication of your characteristics, likes/dislikes etc. Astrology fascinates me as I learn new information everyday. The Sun Sign I have heard is used in western astrology while the Vedic astrology uses a different technique. Although I believe sun signs are favorable to give a general astrological reading it is the Ascendant and Moon sign in my opinion that are more accurate. Vedic Astrology, Western Astrology, Chinese Astrology are all subjects I hope to learn more about!

5. Rachel

Rachel New Member

My sun and moon signs (both Leo) somewhat represents me. I'm kind, optimistic, loyal, can be stubborn sometimes, vain, and impatient. However, I'm an introvert and HATE when all eyes are on me (I'm a wallflower) and I'm not opinionated or domineering.

6. Joel

Joel New Member

I seem to fit my sign very well, which is interesting because I barely fit into it. I was born on October 24th and Scorpio begins on the 23rd. Some people would call that a cusp but I subscribe to the idea that signs go from crowning to cusp, which means the closer to the beginning of a sign a person is, the more of that signs traits they are likely to have.

I like to think that there is a scientific reason for the accuracy. I think the gravity from celestial bodies creates micro-tides within our bodies.