IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I haven't watched Game of Thrones....ever

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Ruth B, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Do you watch Game of Thrones?

1. Every day!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I used to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I haven't ever, but I plan to soon.

20.0%
  4. I haven't ever, and I don't plan to...ever

60.0%
  5. Yes

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ruth B

Ruth B New Member

So. I am yet to watch a single episode of Game of Thrones. I must be one of the last members of the human species who haven't watched it. Am I? Are you a fan of Game of Thrones? Why? What about it interests you so much?

2. Sammy Kalama

Sammy Kalama New Member

I don't really have a reason, just haven't gotten around to it. I don't have HBO or cable, so it makes it a little more difficult

3. Raam Naveen

Raam Naveen New Member

I used to watch Game of Thrones until season 7, when I realized that the producers were straying from the Books by George R.R Martin. I heard all the backlash and hate that GOT recieved from season 8, so I guess I'm glad I stopped watched.

4. anthonyhurtadox

anthonyhurtadox New Member

I've never liked medieval settings because every character in medieval stories tends to speak far too properly this is probably because they're speaking in old English. Old English doesn't allow me to humanize the characters when they all sound like they're rich aristocrats. Game of Thrones on the other hand strikes the perfect balance of real and proper. On top of that it's a very quotable series with many lines that should be new sayings for the wisdom they provide.

5. lyxng

lyxng New Member

It's funny how I was so obsessed with the series before, right until the final season began. Every time an episode aired, I tried to avoid watching it as much as I can. But despite all my efforts to avoid it, I was forced to watch the first three episodes of the final season, hating myself for doing it. I just loved the show so much, and seeing it end was a major heartbreak.

6. Nugget2019

Nugget2019 New Member

I really wanted to like it as I hear so much about it and people are always talking about it! I kind of fell asleep during the first episode and that hardly ever happens for me. I just couldn't get into it.
    I found it really boring and slow to get started. I bet if I gave it a chance I would get into it, but if a story starts off slow I don't like to spend time waiting for it to capture my interest. Maybe the books are better for me?

7. elizabeth

elizabeth New Member

I never really wanted to watch it. It just doesn’t seem interesting, even tho Jason Momoa is in it. I do know a friend who was obsessed with it. She loved all of the Dire Wolves and Dragons in it.

8. qwpo

qwpo New Member

I don't intend to watch it and have not watched it. I watched part of the first episode, and have never been interested in finishing it. I know I hold an unpopular opinion but I find it boring, lifeless, dull, and with horrible acting. In all fairness, I am really not into anything "fantasy"-related, and prefer watching something that is more true-to-life. I'm not sure if that makes sense--I enjoy the show Vikings a great deal, if that helps clear that up at all. If not, whoops! I am still never going to try and watch this overrated show ever again, waste of time.

9. Stonewigg24

Stonewigg24 New Member

Whoever hasn't watched Game of thrones should do so immediately.It is such a great show with a great storyline and very interesting characters. Get to follow them and see who ultimately gets to sit on the Iron throne.

It is probably the best show I have ever watched. I wish you would too.