IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I see Manchester United going for the title.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Barida, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Barida

Barida New Member

The coming English premier league season is one that is giving football fans around the globe much excitement and I am quite keen to see how the season will start.

As a follower of the league, I have been following transfers done by various clubs in the top flight and the signings done by Manchester United has been awesome. They made other clubs take notice with the statement signing of Romelu Lukaku from Everton Fc for a huge sum of 75 million pounds and the recent signing of Nemanja Matic from Chelsea is one that shows that the team is quite ready to challenge for top honours this coming season.

As football fans, do you really think the Special One led-team will pose a threat to other clubs in England and in Europe in term of winning trophies?

Heatman likes this.
  2. zolzarr

zolzarr New Member

I believe Manchester United will definitely be challenging for the title. Man Utd's manager, Jose Mourinho is well known for his excellent second season achievements dating all the way back to his time at Porto.

Looking at the current Man Utd squad, I believe that there is still a need for improvement in the left back and left wing positions. I reckon that Jose is giving Luke Shaw one final chance to perform in this season. As for left winger, it seems that Ivan Perisic might not be joining Man Utd.
    I predict that Man Utd will definitely be contending for the European Champions League but they are still far from ready to be champions.

3. Heatman

Heatman New Member

I really don't believe it will be an easy battle for the Red Devils considering the amount of cash their neighboring club;Manchester City have invested in their new squad.

The way am seeing it based on their investment, they are the title favorites when compared to other clubs investment on new players.

Injuries set aside, they (Manchester City) will be unstoppable this season if other clubs are not cautious.

Barida likes this.
  4. Dante

Dante New Member

I don't see anything stopping Manchester from winning the title, it depends on how focused they're because over the last few seasons, I haven't seen them put up a challenge.

Although they did well last season, I'm still not impressed cus I know they ought to have done a better job, being in the champions league is no big deal, they narrowly made it into the champions league.

5. Dante

Dante New Member

I don't see anything stopping Manchester from winning the title, it depends on how focused they're because over the last few seasons, I haven't seen them put up a challenge.

Although they did well last season, I'm still not impressed cus I know they ought to have done a better job, being in the champions league is no big deal, they narrowly made it into the champions league.

6. Folorunsho

Folorunsho New Member

I think anybody that says Man U will be challenging for the title is just an astute fan of Manchester United because that team doesn't seem to me like a team that will be challenging for the title this year. Fergie to me is the best man that knows how to win epl because he knows that once you have two very good out and out wingers and not inverted wingers like Martial and Rashford, then you stand a chance to win the league. They keep changing the core of the team every summer and I don't think that works in their favour. And also with Mou at the helms, I think he has lost his charms of old and he moans and complains too much rather than improving his team. All in all, top 4, yes, but to win the epl this season, I don't see that happening.

7. yemzy

yemzy New Member

Manchester United have really spent money in the the current transfer market.Although it is not all about spending money,but buying quality players and for me they have signed two of the hottest names in the English premiership this season.

Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic will do the magic for Manchester united this season and the contribution of these two players will definitely make Manchester win this season.

8. Ohijei Aidelokhai

Ohijei Aidelokhai New Member

Well left for me I think the first six teams from last season have all invested heavily in their squad, with all of them having world class managers and equal chance of challenging for the coveted English premiership title.

Let's watch as the new season unfolds.