IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I Want to be a Programmer, Could I Make it?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Nocturnal Writer, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

I am a self-made person. I use to read books of "how-to" or "do-it-yourself" and come up with my own project for that matter.

I forgot what particular year was that wherein computer games became popular. I got interested on how games were made by using various computer codes and I came across with Turbo Pascal language.

I search what is this all about. And I have known that Pascal is a high-level procedural programming language which a beginner like me could use or as an aid as a teaching language.

There were several examples and I followed them. And I came out with a simple game, but it didn't last. It crashed. I forget and charged to experience.

I am indeed interested to be a programmer especially using this Pascal which is very easy programming language and helps me to understand the basics of the world of programming.

Well, my dream has been fulfilled through my youngest son. He is now computer programmer, a NC IV license. He is teaching as a programmer in one of the technological institutes in our place.

2. SuperUser

SuperUser New Member

Sure. Good luck to you!:)

3. Kamil795

Kamil795 New Member

Of course, if you have passion, you can be programmist !

4. LoveSeeKeR

LoveSeeKeR New Member

I want to have some basic knowledge in programming too, some days ago I downloaded some eBooks about programming for me to read.
    A friend of mine suggested to watch YouTube tutorials as it is easy to watch at the same time read about it, ( read, watch and execute).
    I would be happy if I can create just a simple program, that would mean so much to me.

5. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

Now @LoveSeeKeR How are you doing in programming tutorial? Have you made a simple program? And what was that?

6. tony

tony New Member

May be, I think you should learn object-oriented programming, it's good for you